No Dogs in villages or cities

Hey @ all,

I started a new game a few days ago and now I´m at the point where to do the quest “Maskerade”. When I tried to get the dog skin I recognize that there are no dogs in my game. I looked in Uschitze, Talmberg, Neuhof and Rattay… No Dogs at all. I only saw a few on some kuman camps. Were they deleted or is my save game corrupt? Is there any way to fix something like that? Because to create a new game is not an option. I habe about 30/40 hours in this run and it´s the most fun run yet and also my best.

Would be great to read from you. Maybe I´m just doing something wrong^^

A long time known issue, not sure if it’s a bug or a feature tho. Just rob some random chest in a village/city - there should be plenty dog skins.

Thank you. The problem is not to get the skin^^ But I don´t like that there are no dogs left. Also I´d like to do the quest “Kill and skin a dog at night”. Sad that this is a known bug :frowning:

He has no Dogs! That´s not a known bug!

What you mean is that you can´t skin dogs!

No they are in the game (normally). Do you have any MODs installed?
You can post a save. Just to check if the problem is in your save…

There were mentions on the same bug earlier and i got the same thing back on 1.7. Dogs reappeared after the quest was completed tho.

So you think it is Quest related, and the dogs came back after the Quest?
Interessting bug?..
A save would help to test this…

Hey,

thank you for all these replies. I already finished the quest but I did not check the dogs again. Currently I am as a novice in sasau. I will check as soon as possible if the dogs reappeared. I will post my savegame if not.

Currently don’t have any saves from 1.7, so that’s not possible, sadly. On the other hand DerDieDasIch could provide one of his current saves.