No more Random Encounters/Wayfayers since 1.3

Just wanted to let you guys know, I’ve been playing since the new patch for many hours and have yet to get a single random encounter while fast traveling. Before, I would always encounter a guy north of Rattay (to the point of predictability)… afterwards, not even a single attack on the road in 12+ hours of playing.

I’m suspecting this isn’t intentional and something got screwed up.

Yes it’s still not fixed in 1.3.3 if you started a new game. Only works if you have a saved game from before 1.3.1.

Hopefully it’s finally fixed in 1.3.4 whenever that is released as I can’t play without random encounters. The world is simply too empty.

I am lucky then i geus i still get the random ambushes and beggars (not as often as before tho) but the merchants mercenarys and knights do not appear. Although i dont know why maybe IT had to do with the time and weather. IT was close to midnight and storming and suddenly i come accros the wayfairing knight… Instead of his standard black Chest piece it was now dyed to a bit brownish like version of IT. And i couldnt fight him becouse of 1 reason i did before the patch i knocked him out with the skill you get for hitting someone on the head. And then looted him this also made a glitch where as before the patch as well would go into Henry saying they met before and instead of the knight responding the game goes back into normal gameplay without being able to fight him.
So when you see him again next time if you knock him out in the duel DO NOT loot him Just wait for him to wake up and claim victory. Better to losse one match from him than never being able to fight him again right?

Same here. Sad to say I also put the game down until 1.34 is released for PC.

Is there an official reply for the issue? Will it be fixed with the next patch ?

Cheers.

On PS4 Pro, I now get the Random Encounters…But then there is a Loading Screen that last for about 10 -15 seconds and I hear Henry getting pummeled… wth. Also now get a 15-20 Loading screen when I arrive in town after Fast Traveling, I believe that was implemented to allow Rendering.

I’m having the same problem and its a real shame. Not only have I stopped playing because of it, but I have several friends who are interested in buying the game and have asked me about it. Unfortunately I can’t recommend buying it until this is fixed.

Im on Ps4 Pro, I have Random Encounters all the time

I just started a new game just to test it. So disappointing to see that random encounters still don’t work. I backed this game when it was in early access, and I always thought the devs would do right by the community. This is a total game breaking bug in my opinion. I’m sure it will be patched, but this has gone on for a long time now (several weeks for some people). WH need to fix this, its effecting alot of people.

There is a mod on the nexus that brought them back for me, but only after starting a new game. It doesn’t seem to work for everyone though. Am I the only one,btw, who can’t find a single boletus or lepiota since the missing encounters thing happened?

do you people fast travel? i’ve fast travelled only once (100 hrs in the game) when one quest did it automatically. however, i get ambushes, cumans, bandits… the new patch even introduced new ambush type where bandits block the road with a wagon (maybe this was already in, but i haven’t seen it befor 1.3.3.).
however, i don’t get knights anymore. to be honest, i don’t miss them at all. at first they are funny but it wears out quickly. besides. doesn’t sound very realistic to me either. same with bodies on th road. i’d just move along without stopping after first two encounters.

Yeah, unfortunately, even if you don’t fast travel, the random encounters don’t appear at all. The world is just very dead with this particular bug for those playing new playthroughs as of 1.3.

Please search before starting new threads. A simple search for encounters finds multiple threads confirming it is a known bug and is being fixed in the patch due early this week.

2 Likes

Yes. 1.34 for PC should be out early this week. According The the devs.

The only place I fast travel is through Rattay, because the lag that suddenly grips my potato is… well… potato gripping lag.

I get that and its annoying it seems the more they update the game the worse its getting

1 Like

Yeah - it’s just the reality of an open world RPG, especially when you’re not a AAA gaming studio. You don’t likely have the bandwidth to fix 300+ bugs + a bunch of other featues and then properly test it. I’m not blaming them or anything.

I got plenty of games to play at the moment - this is the only true show-stopping bug I’ve encounter as, unfortunately, travelling the world without random events just makes it feel so empty and static. Once they fix it, I’ll be back.

Anyone here about that fix that’s supposed to happen early this week? Did it go live?

I keep checking Daniel Vavra’s twitter but no patch updates, just lots of arguing about crappy articles written about the game.

Some bloke from Warhorse seemed to have said on Twitter (sorry don’t know name and detail, like most people in the world I’m not on Twitter - again masterstrike from Warhorse when comes to communication…) they are aware of this and will fix it in beginning of this week. Sorry to tell you this on midweek…