No option to knock out people when sneaking?

I’m on ps4 and i cannot get any option to knock people out when i sneak behind them-just started and am downloading patch. I’ve watched youtube videos of people just starting out like me knocking people out by sneaking up from behind but for me no option ever appears-it’s extremely frustrating! one of the reasons i bought this was to choke people out! Any help appreciated.

Are you playing hardcore mode? I don’t think the prompt shows up in hc mode.

no i was just starting out and downloading patch 1.08-ps4 lets you play while downloading updates-i hoped it would fix my problem but no luck-still get no option to choke people out when sneaking behind them-could anyone tell me if you have to raise stealth level to choke people out? i am extremely pissed since one of the reasons i bought this was to choke people unconscious

Well you need the skill under stealth first I think for knock out. I know 100% u need the skill for stealth kill for stealth lv 5.

Saw that posted somewhere else.

Thanks for answering-i just started the quest to bury my parents and after talking to lady stephanie and getting the groshen from her the option to choke out finally showed up! First thing i tried was to choke out a guard and he threw me off lol-but at least i can try it now!

lol the higher your skill the easier it is to pull off.