No random encounters?

Where are the random encounters, strangers, etc. on the roads? It seems the plague affected most everyone outside the towns/villages! I asked in the mod space about what mod to get to improve the random encounters. What mod to get that increase the # of encounters? It needs to be compatible with the latest patch. I tried “Roads are Dangerous” but think it’s not been updated since there are improvements.

There are definitely random encounters in the countryside, and even some in towns. The random number generator they are using seems pretty well setup, so they are “not too predictable.”

Nonetheless, there are specific spots on the map where specific types of encounters are more likely and–based on my own play–range from 90% of the time to 20% of the time.

For example, I’ll toss in a few that aren’t spoilerish: There are seemingly two rando zones on the trail between Ledetchko and the Merjohed-Neuhoff Highway. One of these is a 90% and it is almost always a wayfarer. In fact, I don’t think I’ve EVER seen anything exept a warfarer. The other one is more like a 50 to 60% and it is most often a wayfarer but sometimes something more “exotic.”

There are other sites where cuman or bandit, or more exotic randos seem to be more common.

I’m guessing you mean the plague at Merhojed. I hadn’t noticed any decline in random encounters after that, myself. If you’re using mods, I’d guess that one of them is responsible for this and if not, I have no idea. Sorry if that’s unhelpful.
It seems that mods and kcd, at least up to this point, cause more grief than joy.