Noob help with mods

Hello,

I plan on getting this game tomorrow form the Steam store since the bundle pack is 50% off. Similar to Skyrim, mods (and their rocking creators) make such games even better. With that said, can you please help me avoid issues installing/running mods? I found a list of ones compatible with 1.7 here. From what I read, I create a mod folder and put the zip files on that folder, Correct?

Cheers!

If steam is not supporting mods (I’ve got the GOG version) use vortex mod manager (from nexusmods). Works nicely and easy.

You need to have a folder called “Mods” inside your main directory, e.g. “…\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Mods”

That’s where you put the mods. The mods will come in a folder (usually packaged within a .rar or .zip file that you need to extract - i.e. that’s NOT the one you drop into your “Mods” folder). The mod folder is often just using the mod name, that’s the one you place inside your new “Mods” folder (some mods that you download will already be inside a “Mods” folder, so you can just drop it inside the main directory and overwrite the one you might already have - it’s just important that you don’t end up with a “…\Mods\Mods\ModName” path). Inside the mod’s folder there should be a “Data” folder and within that should be one or more compressed files with the .pak extension.

So, in the end the path will look something like this: “…\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Mods\ModName\Data\ModName.pak”

Currently a lot of mods conflict with each other because they use the same game files. You can merge these, but only if you know how to mod yourself, so if you don’t want to do that, you can at the least check whether they conflict.

Here’s how you do that:

• Open up the .pak files from both mods using 7zip or a similar programme.
  • Search through the folders within and look for duplicate files.

If you find duplicates, this means they will have to be merged or you will have to choose one over the other.

Be warned though, many mods profess to be up to date or don’t say otherwise, but they may in fact be using outdated files that can make your game buggy. It’s not the end of the world; you can just remove the mod in question again, but unless you’re up for being a test pilot, it’s a good idea to read in the mod thread about potential issues and/or ask about current compatibility.