Noob need help with combat

Hi guys I’ve been playing kingdom come for a few days now and I have run into some problems consistently it seems to me that I always get slow-mo parried 90% of the time by any ANY opponent be it a town guard or a tailer. After I noticed this problem I’ve been doing a few tests just simple one click RMB or LMB I get parried I tried to do feints it’s the same, I tried to parried them first and then quickly attack it is the same, I backup and wait for them to drop their stance to chase me then I attack it’s still the same.
I’ve also stopped being able to pull off combos or very rarely at least, I watch streamers play this game and they can attack way faster than me using the same longsword and also really fast counter attack after a Parry which I cannot.

Here is some information about my gear set I am using full plate and chain mail but not overweight, I am using a strength longsword and I have enough strength.
The game wasn’t this hard in the beginning, it seems to have gotten harder after I collected all of the ancient map set.

My theory is that the game has some kind of calculations system where it thinks that I am really really geared so it makes my opponents have God like reactions.

That is how the game is. The best thing I have noticed is to block and find a opening. Timing is everything in this game. Perks make it way Easyer to kill and a good sword with trust that is high can kill a guy in one hit or two hits

Have you learned those aggressive parries from Bernard?

Those work differently than what you describe. You need to watch enemy and have weapon on right side (e.g., hes attacking from above, you need to hold it there) and also hit block button as soon as he starts to swing - that just a split second before that green shield icon appears. If you do that right, you parry hit and automatically attack enemy - type of attack depends on used weapons and direction of attack, but some of them are able to kill opponent immediatelly (like one where you stab with sword right in his face).
If you haven’t done this, go and check Bernard at east gate of Rattay and train with him. Also, you might just need to train more in some skills. I’ve been just training with him for at least hour or two…to get better in many skills.

Ty for the reply I didn’t notice that my sword had to be on the correct side to do perfect parry for the counter attack.

This doesn’t explain why ALL of my opponents are Zen sword masters tho, I mean my bad if I got parried when I’m attacking from the side he’s blocking, but no I attack from all sides, I hold rmb for feints, the only successful way is if I back up wait for them to run towards me then do a cheeky stab and that still gets parried sometimes.

10% the time my attack goes through.
30% the time I get blocked.
60% the time I get perfect parried and counter attacked.

Would make more sense if I get blocked more than parried.

There are many ways you can fool enemies. Are you changing direction of attack right before you do it? Have you tried pressing E to cancel attack and do another in other direction?

I can only recommend to train with Bernard. With wooden weapons to learn moves and with real ones to improve skills faster. Also, two tips for training: 1. put away all armor when training so it doesn’t get damaged, 2. wooden weapons doesn’t do damage to you with exception of MACE. That makes sense, but just a little warning :slight_smile:

edit: one more thing, I can’t tell that I have same problems as you…but that’s probably I might have higher stats - Warfare on 17, 16 strenght, 12 dexterity…weapons only swords at 9, maces on 6 and axes on 6 too… Probably due to high warfare and strenght, when I swing with warhammer, it usually goes even through enemy block partially, so even when they block with shield, they get staggered and I will finish them with next hit to the head (either killing them or causing concussion).