Not Playable

So here is my problem. I Backed the game in maby Agust 2016, got to downloading and playing the beta. Got it downloaded and running. Running as smooth as expected from a beta. Playing for about 2 hours, saves the game in the training camp after tried some combat. After that everytime i start the game as soon as it loads in it crashes, Load the old save game crash, start a new game game crash after load scree. At the start i tought mjeeeh proboly will come a beta patch to test some stability at some point but 6 months later and i gotten to test it for 2 hours and now im kinda dissapointed.

My specs are 6700k gtrx 1080 and 32Gb ram. so should not be hardware related.

Any help is welcome

the beta have not been updated for a year…

The save/load and worldstate/AI routines were first versions in the March 2016 beta. They sometimes interact in unstable ways that propagate across sessions even if a new game is started. Both have been extensively rewritten to deal with the problems this causes in the final version, but the available version remains what it is.

Try removing all the save game files from the %KCD_Beta%/user_kingdomcome folder - in whgame/ and profiles/default/

You would have to restart, but it should allow you to play and load newly saved games for a while. The save feature is a bit flaky so use it to close a session and retain place, rather than to save as often as you might on other titles.

This should be fixed on the release version, but it is a commonly met fault of the early prototype.

1 Like