Not sure if I should now

So I just started playing again on my ps4 after a break,with the intention of downloading the pc version so I can get the full experience… However,with the patch that downloaded on my ps4,I am getting so many bugs,and changes in game play that are for the worse,(and were not there for me pre-patch) in my opinion…such as bandints who chase me when I’m on horseback for miles on end like a terminator without ever losing much ground,and enemies fleeing after a fight with almost no way of stopping them unless you are good with a bow…So add the still awful lockpicking,is it worth getting the PC version? is it overall less buggy and do the mods make a posotive difference?

Thanks for reading.

Delete and reinstall KCD. And, then give it a try.
I’ve played +580h on PS4 mostly as a horse archer and haven’t experienced the terminator pursuit

Recommendations - combat-wise train early and often with Bernard; lockpick-wise do the quick session with Peshek

Thanks for the reinstall advice,I’ll do that now. Combat wise,appart from them often running away now,Benny Hill style,that is one area of the game that has been consistantly good in my opinion…probably my favourite of all the games I have played…but the lockpicking,sheesh…I have visited Pesheck and while it is a little eaiser,I’m still breaking far to many. and a side note to that,I just finisied a quest were I had to spend 10 minutes trying to crack a lock that was not locked on my first play through…But,no matter what,I have to accept at least some responsibility for bad lockpicking. Maybe mouse and keyboard will make that easier.

thanks again.

In RL and Fallout 4, lockpicking is tactile. There’s a feel to it. WH has provided more visual landmarks but still would prefer the vibration feedback of FO4

It’s risky but for XP I went around and picked all the very easy and easy doors in Rattay (at night).

Mouse and keyboard definitely better option but PC is also buggy.

Yeah,buggy I can accept,as long as things like keys that are meant to be on bandits when I kill them are actually there. things like that have taken me from loving the game to just cursing it,and it is such a shame. Well,wish me luck,I’m downloading the PC version to see if that at least makes keys appear where they should be :stuck_out_tongue:

Go PC with a controller and use mouse & keyboard for lockpicking. My mouse is a Logitech thumball
I personally stink a wasd play.

So I spent a few hours on Saturday,and half of Sunday playning the PC version,keyboard and mouse for everything,(mainly because of the bug that leaves the prompt up on the screen and makes it so you cant interact with most things when using a controller lol) and even though it has a lot of the same bugs as the PS4 and a few new ones,I am loving the game again. I wont go back to the PS4 version other than to use it to show friends the game on a big screen.

I spoke to soon it seems. The game was great till I’m just about to fight the bloke who stole my sword at the end of the battle in the ruined village,it plays the cut seen before the fight,then crashes every time. bugger them,I was really enjoying it finally too

Game crashed after re-capturing Talmberg?