NPCs and Poisons

Do NPCs - specifically enemies, like in bandit camps and such - require nourishment to live? I know the answer probably feels obvious, but I am curious if putting a digestion potion into a stew will cause the NPCs to die of starvation. As well, I know lullaby potions will kill their energy, but does that mean that NPCs will seek out their beds in order to replenish it, or does it mean they will collapse to the ground?

If I don’t eat, I suffer stamina loss and, eventually, health loss. I’m assuming they will eventually do the same, but here’s the problem that I’m thinking I might also be facing: digestion potions only cause nutrition to be -10. I’d like to presume I could stack those, one after another into the pot, but I’m not sure it’ll work that way. If it will only total a -10 nutrition loss to the meal as a whole, and the pot gives more than 10, then it will net a positive nutrition even though it’ll be less than usual. As a result, it might just mean that they make more trips to the food pot instead of dying of nutrition. I’m wondering if I poison some other foods and drinks with digestion potions, and then I put them all in the pot at once, if it will be enough to cause those trips to the stew to kill the camp.

Thoughts?

I’d also like to know if there are any significant advantages to getting them totally plastered.

you can try it out but there are much better potions to test than digestion potion
dont know how its called in english because I play in german but it may be something like puppetmaker potion that sounds real fun, will try it out, too
I doubt that digestion potion will kill them

So you go for the doctor playthrough with the digestion potion? And trying to cure bandits for food poisoning and over eating?

I think you should try bane potion and not digestion potion :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha… I know it sounds like I’m just being an idiotic Samaritan, but I think that there should be multiple ways to cause slow, agonizing deaths to the enemies in the game. This is the middle ages, after all.

Edit: I beat up a Cuman for !SCIENCE! and loaded him up with 3 lards that all had digestion potions in them. Lards give 18 nutrition, and -8 Energy. I then let him run off. I hid and waited at his camp, to which he eventually returned.

He stayed asleep, so I cut off his air until he passed out in an attempt to wake him up.

Now he just lays there… “Unconscious.” Let’s see if he dies…

1 Like

Cant wait to hear more! :smiley:

At night sneak in the camp and add poison to the kettle on the fire. Sneak out and watch them wake up and get breakfast!

1 Like

about poison and food pots:
Does anyone know if the poison will stay in them forever? I think it has to wear off some time but I dont know when. Because when you forgot that you poisoned a pot and then eat from it you’ll poison yourself

but what if he just eats from a pot though…

most camps, at least bandit camps when i was raiding them for cpt bernard, also have wine bladders/skins usually sitting on a box somewhere you can poison too

A.) You better no forget
B.) Idk if it wears off but it would make sense that it wouldnt stop until someone eats out of it to me.

the only pot I poisoned, aside from the mission to sabotage, was the pots down in the Skalitz refugee camp; which honestly, I feel kind of bad about that, being from Skalitz and all.
Anyway, I poisoned it, waiting util morning and didnt see anyone even eat out of it. Eventually I stopped watching and just left but I never saw anything myself. Gonna play a rogue my second play through and do a lot more messing around with this

1 Like

To address the idea of pots staying poisoned, it does seem that they aren’t poisonous after a certain amount of meals. I’ll do some !SCIENCE! and find out.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to tell you… I then carried this dude on my shoulder into town, and dropped him in front of a guard. The guard started talking trash to him while he was laying unconscious, but then he got up! He tried to run away, the guard swung his sword at him a few times and hit him at least once, and then I knocked him out again with my fists.

It was at this point that I decided, “Enough is enough,” and gave him a public execution with my axe on the floor of the tavern.