NPCs, Including Named NPCs, Shopkeepers and Guards have no clothing or armor

Slowly over the course of playing (i’m at 58 hours), NPC’s have been wandering around every city and town with no shoes, pants or armor. Even shopkeepers that I know have a normal outfit are just standing there with nothing on. If I loot them, they have no shoes/clothing on them. An earlier save had shopkeepers basically naked but guards still had armor. An hour or two later (in real life) and the guards were walking around naked with shields on their back.

been like that for me for awhile ever since 1.6.2 and ashes. even had invisible NPC guards. with and w/o mods. some time on another start up play session they are back to norm and another Npc goes naked.

Thanks, it’s good to know that at least I didn’t break my game somehow. The last time I sunk 60 hours in to this game (1.4.3) my saves were all corrupted. This time, ~55 hours and everyone in rattay is wearing a linen shirt and underwear.

for me not everybody just random npcs and merchants. and everywhere.

I may investigate this further but if you used any “items/inventory altering” mods during your gameplay, it´s propably the cause of this and this problem is written in your save file.

1 Like

I tried one but it caused a problem and I deleted it . this was back in 1.5 . I have not tried another since.
Really became worse after ashes. however seemed to start toshow up in 1.6.

30 hours in to a new playline. Zero mods. Armoursmith in Rattay, Wolfram Pruda, Peshek all suddenly have no clothing.

like I said, started in 1.6. Can send a ticket with a save file to them might help but do not expect a non automated reply for a very long time… over whelmed with bug tickets

1 Like

I went back a few hours to a point where people were still clothed, played a few more hours and noticed my equipped shield and weapon suspended in air when I load a save. I’ll load the save, and look down and notice i’m not wearing anything. I turn around and my Bouche shield and axe are just hovering in the air. Other NPC’s/guards with shields and weapons also have their equipment hovering in the air and are not wearing any armor or clothing.

I just went through my stash and removed everything, which definitely seemed to make things better.

This is troublesome.

Another bug, don’t know if related, but in my playline (main and side quests finished except courtship) some times I lost all my horse items.

When I reload a saved game my horse inventary is empty and naked. Lost everything. Just like a new horse.

This happens specially when I save before to enter a random Hold Up fight in the forrests, but has happened in saved games in the middle of a City like Rattay.

Only secure save games are beds and bathhouse.

No mods. It’s a bug in game or some files could be corrupted. Dunno.

I’ve definitely experienced this. I thought ‘oh well’ and just kept playing, and then over time NPCs didn’t have any items. I culled my stash, i’ve got less than 100 items in there and things are running much better. I still have the issue where about 50% of the time when I load a game i’ll end up unequipped and most of my items are missing. If I just reload the save it all comes back.

Happens all the time to me now.

I lost all my horse items. Hafta use console command to spawn extras in my magic chests and really annoying is I keep losing the chain barding mod I get from stud farm that had the poisoned well.
Seemed to start with 1.6.2

1 Like

That must be fun. :slight_smile:

(kidding)