I’ve seen this in at least two scenes in the game:
- here, as shown in the included screen cap, at the charcoal camp south of the Inn on the Glade
- Also the bath maids at the Rataje bath house will get into this arrangement sometimes.
It is primarily an aesthetic bug, but in the case shown here, the behavior of the animations suggest the possibility that the rendering is stuck in some kind of loop as a result of the two NPC models being overlapped.
This is the second playline in which I’ve seen this exact thing with these two NPCs at that charcoal camp, though it only seems to happen at night. So, with that you should be able to replicate the bug and look at what is happening in your code.
- start a new game, or use a save game that isn’t too far advanced at all (no progress in the main quest beyond arriving at Rataje, though I don’t imagine that will make much difference to the code that runs these two models).
- Go to near this camp. Wait till dark.
- Approach and observe the models and look at what is going on in your debugger.