Opening Ride - can't complete

This Game is too damn hard…it seems like it would be fun but I cant even get past run part II where you try and gallop away

WTF 3 guys with bows to chase 1 scrawny blacksmiths kid?..Devs 1 would have been challenge enough

I dunno HTF I got past the first part of run after dying a million times

Finally I just jumped off the hill to get to the horse and managed to mount it then we wet to the I get shot scene where its hopeless from there
Did my jumping off the hill screw me ?..too low health cuz I bleed out n die every time on the road to that town

hmm, I did the succesfull run without a problems in my 1st game (in 2nd i killed all cumans, which took some saving though). But maybe its because I’ve spent 2000 hours playing Warband.

Take the horse with the blond main/tail, it’s fast and already facing the way you want to scoot. Be sure you double tap and hold down shift to run full tilt. Zigzag along the road till you reach the quarry. You’ll need to back off the full gallop once or twice but don’t stop weaving or you’re buggered. Also I think Teresa would appriciate it if you nudge one of the cuman rape-hounds on your way to said horse.

1 Like

Got this on sale recently. Didn’t like the forced chase sequence. Invisible walls, instant death out of bounds, can’t save, forced in-combat, the action/use key is no longer E for the horse (E will compare the selected horse to your current horse instead and doesn’t pause combat but prevents you from attacking/dodging (you don’t have one)).
The whole idea of a forced heavily scripted event is terrible.

That said, I took the advice above and engaged in mounted combat and it became a piece of cake. I got a few levels, killed all the cumans, collected all the herbs in the area, picked all the locks, and took my sweet time.

After Teresa in the next scene where you’re chased by riders you can kill their horses then kill them and then stroll to Talmberg.

Now I have lots of sweet armor, 1000 pounds of spare parts to sell, and a few xp levels (herbalism is already maxed because I also cleared the starter town of herbs).

This game needs to decide if it’s a sandbox or story game instead of flip flopping between them. It’s also a first person perspective game that constantly takes the camera control away from the player - again flipping between immersion and cinematics, sacrificing one for the other then switching back again.

It’s ok to have story in a sandbox game but don’t kill the sandbox elements to make it happen. And sure, play some 3rd person scenes in the quiet moments, but don’t take away camera control from the player during the action.

Once you have done the prologue you have a lot more freedom. The prologue is story heavy ans quite linear, similar to how the tutorial is in Skyrim. Just that KCD tutorial is a lot longer.

If I didn’t pick all the herbs both inside and outside the Skalitz walls it might have been faster, but I got a few strength levels and perks from doing so as well as vitality (my starting points both went into agility so I have a well rounded character now).

I also have the mod for no herb picking animation because that for old after the 5th time.