Other things to polish

@warhorse

That mean, a much, much smaller and subtle particle effect only good visible in the night combined with a random number generator and we are realistic again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, we donĀ“t have the time to do such status updates, this takes some amount of research and we have a lot of work to do now as the game is coming closer to the release.

2 Likes

No problem if you are working on them if not for the release, then afterwards :slight_smile:

Why didnā€™t you follow same path as Mount and Blade. Look they are not releasing a game until itā€™s smooth and ready.
I do belive we get what we saw in latest playthroughs. Not mcuh hope left.

I donā€™t think that they will polish those things to be honest. Thereā€™s not a big incentive for polishing details after the game has already been released, donā€™t you think?

I completely agree with EVERYTHING you just mentioned. These details do matter and they matter a lot. Even the simple things.

1 Like

If it were for companies like Ubisoft and other big studios I would agree. However, WH is close to its fans and backers and they love their game. I think (hope) they will polish it later with patches :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mount & Blade released smooth. Good joke.

4 Likes

How do you know M&B are taking their sweet time to be smooth?
For all we know they might be having their sweet time because they are still struggling with basic mechanicsā€¦

1 Like

They are still working in engine You can see it in their blogs. I think they are still expanding but not polishing the game. And it seems that they want to make it even better than they planned. The whole damage system is changed afterwards expanded.

their game also has simpler mechanics, almost no real npc routines, are essentially arena battles, and yet their game looks like itā€™s from 2009.

1 Like

Gothic 2 is 2003 year game And itā€™s my one of favourites.

1 Like

Damn right - and it is absolutely amazing how many things from Gothic 2 are present in this game aswell!! I dont think any other RPG since then came even close to G2 as much as this game.

and Gothic 2 had One of the coolest Addons, "Nacht des Raben"
long Time ago, before the ā€œDLC-Cancerā€ grew. started by bethesdas ā€œHorse armorā€ for Oblivion.

i played g2 5times completly it was so amazing

Yeah, iā€™m still replaying ā€œDie Nacht des Rabenā€ from time to time. Thisā€™s like DLCs(addons) should be looking like. "Horse armors, rainbow hairs and etc. " - should be updates for the game, not content to pay. :face_with_monocle:

Yes, but if noboby would pay for this shit, there wouldnĀ“t be a DLC/paycontent like thisā€¦ the problem is the buyer/playerā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll gladly pay for extra content and help Warhorse studios grow.

1 Like

I will pay for aditional Minigames to be implemented. Blacksmithing Tailoring, crafting and jousting. As well for horse combat. And Extra tweaks for Realism. I mean, Knight canā€™t die by sword slashes or by arrow.

I hate this idea of making female character story. It would be better to add new game mechanics and such.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that the eyes never move during dialogue like i Witcher 3 for example, anyone know if they are working on implementing that ? :slight_smile:
Quite immersion breaking to have glued on eyesā€¦ hehe

1 Like

Theyā€™re moving a bit. Just watch a bit closer. I guess, theyā€™re just havenā€™t added full eyes movement in demoā€™s.