Own house and castles, Macroeconomics in the game

One word - modding. They can’t implement every good idea to vanilla, that costs time and money, neither of that is infinite.

1 Like

People may not buy the game for the mod as they are unlikely to be aware of the mods before they buy the game?

Yea, and than all you have to do is get the princess pregnant… BOOM I AM KING :wink:

soo real life :slight_smile:

I’ll love to see house Building in the game, afterall even a blacksmith should have a place to call home.

If you could it would add more realism :smile:

none of the tings in the game are inconceivable, and people were fully able to live relatively long lives in this period so your argument about getting dysentery and dying is a non sequitur.

i think if they wanted this game to be just another generic rpg power fantasy where you can buy castles left and right, they would have just went to ea or microsoft and made it. and thrown in some dragons for the “non-historian” gamers.

when you pledged, did you not see the big bold words realistic and authentic? i suspect they mean something to developers who aren’t just using them as marketing buzzwords like most american devs.

unfortunately I don’t agree, if a blacksmith’s son will be able to solve the problems of a civil war and supposedly become a great warrior/knight then I do not think building castles will destroy the reality aspect of this game. I also have not seen the features I suggested in other games in quite the same manner as I proposed, I think that it would be historically interesting as well as fun if we could see the time period from many different perspectives and with lots of options, you do not get this in other games as they generally involve following the quests. Having a detailed ranking system, ability to build villages and castles slowly from nothing will give the game a great re-playability, if a game is created with a one dimensional- finish the quests and side quests and then your done- this is not that great, It would also be better to have this option then not, as “realists” can just ignore this part of the game whereas others can enjoy building villages and gathering followers etc… Also if the hero is to perform such amazing feats as saving a kingdom then he would justly be rewarded? If not, he would certainly want to do something else with his life other then run around with a sword, an enterprising person such as this would wish to become a lord of their own surely?

Also I completely miss the point about realism, this is a game not a history book, I think a game with not dragons is a good idea, that doesn’t mean realism must be the only object for consideration, as I have pointed out the storyline is not exactly devoid of unlikely circumstances.

3 Likes

I believe Warhorse specifically said that you would not be able to buy and sell houses and land. It would have to be a mod.

I don’t know why so many people seem to think their character is going to single-handedly save the kingdom or something. The Kickstarter description makes it clear that you’re not a superhero and you’ll be working with allies much of the time. Whilst you clearly will be able to have some influence over the game’s events, for the most part it sounds like your character is just a part of a much larger movement. Having your own castle is simply not realistic unless you’re somehow elevated to the nobility over the course of the game, which I find fantastically unlikely.

2 Likes

Hey I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this but Warhorse have said that there will be a player home but buying and selling property isn’t a feature they plan to implement. Just putting that out there.

I think that the best way to implement a “lordship” for the player, would be as an endgame “quest” where you can get more quests from your king like in M&B, because actually till now i hadn t seen anything inspired from M&B so far, if we don t count the “no dragons or no magic”.

1 Like

they said mount and blade inspired the setting. not features like owning castles.

3 Likes

I just wish there would be a bit more of M&B. :u5408:

As much as I love the notion. It wont be realistic. For the comparison (Plate armor is probably more expensive than most larger villages or smaller cities. Castles are just astronomicall sums of money. And they are going with the “realism” aproach so I really doubt it would be possible

3 Likes

Maybe we will be able to live in castles, but I mean like if we’re knighted and we just get our own quarter in some other notabilities Castle. Otherwise you know, mods…

1 Like

Here is a solution so that a castle can be owned:

Yes a blacksmith can’t own a castle, but it is found out that you (the character in the game) are the bastard son of the king and have been granted an inheritance: a small castle. This is granted in exchange for you keeping the secret to yourself.

Thoughts?

1 Like

At the end of the game when you either save the king or side with his brother, you will be granted a title based upon all of your decisions. That would allow you to purchase land and do what you like with it.

2 Likes

what’s so great about owning a castle? it’ll be the same if you just barracked inside it. you can still use the beds, eat at the tables, and poop at the holes.

i feel the “i am a lord and important person” syndrome is coming back. kcd isn’t about that.

1 Like

While I would concur this may present a challenge for the stated realism goal, it could make for a fascinating mini-game. Landowners had responsibilities, not least of which was maintaining a standing army, upholding law and order, tax collection, etc…

This may, however, detract somewhat from the core aim of hacking bits off whilst quaffing ale…