Own house and castles, Macroeconomics in the game

I would also like to see ownership of land, buildings and businesses and erection of buildings but this is not going to be in the game, so some modder will have to do that.

Would be nice if they’d add an endless mode. If you get killed or don’t manage to become a son and someone to take your place, the game ends! :smiley: Iam especially waiting for the modscene, so many possibilities, and its really Nice that the warhorse Team encourages something like this from the very beginning! Absoluetly looking forward to all this!:slight_smile:

Even old Mafia game had ‘the ride’ mode where you could just explore the city, although the spectrum of activities was rather limited in there, that was in 2001 or so
 it even had some fan-mods, so I expect no less fun almost 15 years after with KCD :sunny:

1 Like

It is a thought, but again it’s not ideal when dealing wit a historicly accurate game. Sure in some cases, when they had no legitamte male heir and hence ‘no choice’ but to, a bastard some might be aknowledge and only if the mother was of noble birth/blood herself.

If as your idea was to work then the child would have been born of a woman reasonably high up in society e.g a Lady of the Court
 not, as it would seem in this game, born to a common woman. The fact our Blacksmith clearly has been born into and riased in the social class that he has sadley scuppers being the bastard son of the King idea working.

There are a fair few people who can trace their family/blood line back to Royalty or noble familys, and as a result a bastard birth, even so because the one of the parents involved was not of the right social standing and so any claim they would have normaly had as the son of a Noble man or King is lost for they are not and never will be aknowleged.

That being said in the right context it would be a interesting idea

I agree. At least have your character to own something in-game. This would provide an alternative aim for players to have a bigger house/home near to something they like seeing everyday. This game would not fare well if its static, which I believe many players would want it to be otherwise.

In my opinion the main character should be able to later own a home/property/smith, because from the Videos he seems to be in the favor of the King/Prince/Lord. Also blacksmith were in some periods of times very famous and liked. Don’t know about middle Age, but in the time of the anglosaxons and vikings.

1 Like

I agree and have always wanted something like this

I wouldn’t mind owning a business (such as a small blacksmith or tavern) or caring for a small village in steed of my Lord. We are after all serving the King. This would all come later though, after we have built our renown in the world and shown ourselves to be of good stock and wealth (we’d have to build our wealth). I disagree however with anything beyond a small village, farm, blacksmith, or inn. Being a merchant or a craftsman isn’t unreasonable, nor even caring for land in a noble’s steed, but a castle or city is quite ridiculous honestly.

1 Like

I agree, having some sort of business would sound more reasonable than a town or a city, realistically if youre a king, you would have so much stress anywaiz so
 Or you might end up being a blacksmith chief ?

Just for some of you who can’t read it seems. From the front page A humble, young blacksmith loses everything to war. As he tries to fulfill the dying wish of his father, Fate drags him into the thick of a conspiracy to save a kidnapped king and stop a bloody conflict. You will wander the world, fighting as a knight, lurking in the shadows as a rogue, or using the bard’s charm to persuade people to your cause. You will dive deep into a sweeping, epic, nonlinear story from Daniel Vávra, an award-winning designer from the Mafia series. Our unique, first-person combat system lets you wield sword or bow in both one-on-one skirmishes and large-scale battles. All of this – and more – brought to life beautifully with next-gen visuals delivered via CryEngine 3.
So it says you can be a knight which means you can own some sort of land. I think some of you are clowns who need to get outside once in awhile. Like seriously itll ruin the realisim
Guy its a video game if you want realisim join the Military or some group of sword weilding dudes and duel each other to death. What you ment to say is it will ruin YOUR idea of realisim and YOUR idea of how the game should be made. Thankfully you arent incharge of anything. Now while it seems they did say it wouldent be in the game Money takes i dont care who the Devs are and if the interest for housing of sorts is there and the money to be made from it is there rest assured itll be there.

You are misunderstanding the context, this is referring to the play styles (traditionally classes). That statement is saying you can fight as a Knight, not explicitly become a knight.

WH as the developers have stated that realism is their goal, and as such it is unlikely that our character will ever be knighted due to historical accuracy (again their defined focus).

If I understand correctly you mean money talks? Agreed. However there is not enough money for homesteading features to be implemented anyhow, so in any case there will not be anything of this sort until act II.

Just a small note regarding housing. I don’t expect much of it right in Act 1, but there might be two other acts later. In this regard starting as a blacksmith’s son and sleeping in taverns doesn’t sound that bad - I can imagine if he serves his king well, he might get some nice house in Prague in act 2 and later even become some minor landowner on some other place than Rattay :slightly_smiling:

You say unlikely as if it means something. Yes, it is unlikely, but their is a historical precedent for common soldiers becoming knights as a reward for great deeds. Unlikely doesn’t mean impossible, it would make sense, it could could happen, it wouldn’t be going against realism at all=/

I’m not even saying I definitely want the main character to be knighted (branching story with that as a possible outcome sounds good), but so many of you keep acting like it wouldn’t make sense, or would be impossible because of his background/social standing, which again, is false. Many things are unlikely, living through as many violent encounters/battles as Henry will have to deal with is “unlikely” as well.

Its unlikely because of Historical accuracy as mentioned in my above quote. Henry is not a person who actually existed so its less likely for WH to allow us to do things that history should or would have remembered him by i.e. being Knighted or becoming a Lord and owning land.

I’m confused do you agree or disagree?

Yes and that is precisely the reason I used unlikely and not Impossible.

Yes, and Henry could also die in battle this would be realistic as well.

No, many of us have been paying closer attention to the information provided to us from the developers both here and in the video updates.

I can honestly say that I have not seen a single post of anyone saying that it is impossible, but many saying unlikely. Not simply because of his humble origins, but because the developers themselves have said we are not going to be some grand hero that bards sing tales about for generations to come.

We are playing the role of a commoner whose life becomes intertwined into a complex time of strife for medieval Bohemia, that will provide the narrative to explore the events leading up to the Hussite wars.

Is it impossible no, no one but WH knows exactly where this story will take us.

I don’t think I mentioned becoming a lord, maybe you meant someone else. It isn’t as if everything was written down, or that every piece of history has been saved. I don’t think a case could be made that they’re going against history based on that alone, suspension of disbelief doesn’t stop at a piece of paper having to become lost for the narrative to make sense, at least not to me:P

The reason I said “as if it means something” is because being unlikely isn’t a reason not to do something.

I agree that it wouldn’t be likely for someone of his background.

I didn’t mean it as if you said it’s impossible, I said this as reaffirmation that it isn’t. You seemed to say in a “don’t get your hopes up” sort of way, I’m of the mind that there’s no reason to continue to state “It’s unlikely”.

Many things that will happen will be unlikely, from getting out of multiple major battles with no permanent damage, to getting away with multiple crimes (at least in my play through). The impression I get from people is that the idea that you’re a commoner is not to be fucked with, sorry if that’s totally off-base (mind reading needed), but that seems like everyone’s tone when they reaffirm how unlikely it is-___-

I know. How many knights can you name out of every one of them that ever lived? Someone random becoming a knight is an anomaly, something that would be spoken about, but again, it isn’t like it HAS to be a huge deal, something people speak about, etc, it could just be thought of as a rumor. Or that any records of it HAVE to have been saved.

I’ll just reiterate my main points: I know you didn’t say that it’s impossible, it still feels like most people want it to be. It’s unlikely, and possible. I gave those “excuses” (rumor, records missing, etc) only to show it could be done in a historically accurate story. I’m not pushing for this to be a thing, but it really does feel like a lot of people are offended by the idea, sorry if you don’t feel that way.

The context of the thread. Being a Knight is a lower form of Nobility, many have made the assumption that we will be able to be Knighted and climb the ladder to greater titles.

I have heard the same argument made for adding POC. Just because it is possible does not mean its a reason to do something either.

It was not my intention to be dismissive, nor to give that impression.

Have there been any developments or changes that make you believe it is anymore likely then it was before?

Many are very passionate about this concept, it gets really tiring being the only hope to save (insert generic plot line). This is not the intended impression I wish to give when I say its unlikely.

No need for apologies I take no offense.

I am not offended or even opposed to the idea, but the general ideas and concepts I have taken away from my experience for the last 2 years is that cliches is something WH is not trying do.

Being Knighted it is the classic romanticized fantasy for the medieval ages, to the extent that many (as seen posted many times here in the forums, Youtube, and steam discussions) are wholeheartedly expecting it as an inevitable outcome and become offended when this is threatened.

So to not beat it around the bush is it plausible? Absolutely. However based on the impressions given throughout the development thus far it appears to be an unlikely scenario. Is this absolute? Not at all anything can happen and we are all waiting to see whats going to happen, only time will tell and only WH knows.

1 Like

Good for other people I guess?:slight_smile:

I don’t know what POC is. Pointy ocarina crown? That does sound cool.

I didn’t say it’s a reason to do something
 Of course it isn’t, I just meant it shouldn’t affect the idea either way.

Okay, tone obviously isn’t apart of text, so bias takes hold in cases like this I guess.

No. The quote you responded to, it was just me equating this to “beating a dead horse”.

Okay. I’ll say it again, branching story lines could be the way to go
 Maybe:)

And I agree. If they couldn’t think of a way to make it original, fuck the idea in it’s face.

Hmm. I don’t like the idea of making them correctXD

Maybe the ultimate reward could be a really nice sword:P

1 Like

People of color.

Yes it can be difficult to convey your precise intent and context with text.

I agree, the issue is other people keep bringing that horse back to life. :grin:

Even better, Orange carrots!

1 Like

Well, there are not a lot of plans yet for the second act, so there’s a lot of open space to be filled after Act I gets its reviews.
So I’m just throwing in that there is a chance that, maybe, in Act II, we won’t be playing Henry, the son of a blacksmith.