Patch 1.4.1 is live on Steam and GOG

I think you can disable auto updates on a per-game basis. Did you get back using the “download_depot” command in steam?

BTW, WH acknowledged in twitter that they know about the problem and are working on a fix right now

Sieh dir den Tweet von @WarhorseStudios an: https://twitter.com/WarhorseStudios/status/981126447090696192?s=09

1 Like

Dyslexia?

Indulge me as I digress. WH is a small studio. The dev and test/QA functions are relatively small.

Don’t mod KCD but seems like KCD is an objectively large and complex game. That has to be serviced by said relatively small functions

Tobi and DrF have floated numbers for how long it takes to finish. Comparing those numbers to the number of hours others and I have put in, those numbers are low.

Are users are stressing the game beyond original expectations? It’s not clear. What is more clear is that RL use cases are identifying patch problems very soon after release. Wish WH engaged some of the RL users and their sometimes extreme use cases in pre-release assessment. Why? It might be the most practical and effective approach to stress test KCD and reduce patch pain (at least in the near term)

Playing the main quest shouldn’t be “stressing” the gane, should it?

Ceteris paribus, no. But, caching glitches have impacted my game play (eg lost sound during Pie quest; fixed by sys restart and file trimming). when caching corruptions get incorporated in to a save/reference file, damage could be done to an otherwise fine quest

There’s a reason cryengine told Erik to wait outside Sasau monastery instead of in his hut. (Spitballing here but maybe the variable used to populate the spawning vector got a wrong derived-calculated value) I don’t think it because of an error in ‘hardwired’ scripting; otherwise, everybody would have my main quest bug. Everybody doesn’t

Agreed. Very interesting! I would really like to know if there really are any people who updated ro 1.4.1 before “Q&A” and were able to finish the quest successfully.
On second thought though I don’t mind because there’s nothing that I could do anyways ;D

Mitigation
Let’s be candid. These releases have gone about as smoothly as broken glass covered gloves during a proctology exam. Until KCD turns the corner on these releases, i’d try to back up all my saves and manually download all releases.

Recent update to Steam removed the option to completely disable auto updates…you now have three different options on how quickly you would like your games to automatically update. I have slow internet where I live, so I was able to cancel the 26 gig update for 1.4 before it rolled through. I’ve been on 1.3.4 ever since.

1 Like

Dyslexia, no. More, say…a somewhat fatalistic view on how long it will be until we get a stable update.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the game. Doesn’t mean I’m not frustrated with the issues in it.

Was kidding… thinking 3.2, not 2.3

1 Like

I just checked, you"re right. Luckily I keep a copy of the original 1.3.4 download so I can replace newer versions anytime

Is there any idea, what should i do with “Q&A” quest? How can i report about the bug?

Send an Email to support@kingdomcomerpg.com as stated in the sticky threads

If your on PC, you can revert to 1.3.4 and see if that works. However you will have to replay at least from the autosave before the fight with Runt.

The test machine on the backend of Steam updated to a new build a couple hours ago. Fingers crossed that the testing goes well, and they push it live soon. That said, I’ll gladly wait another week if they properly test the new build before releasing it.

2 Likes

Might as well update here, too…

The test machine was updated to a new build, again, this morning. Looks like they found and corrected some errors…the system works! Here’s hoping they catch all the critical bugs in test, before releasing the new build to the public machine.

1 Like

Keep us updated :thinking:

how is it possible that they released this game with so many bugs? Its really inexcusable. where is the 1.4 patch for xbox one? I still have 1.3. BUT I LOVE THIS GAME!

1 Like

How did you notice that?

Because I keep a tab open to the database page? (link up-thread in my earlier post) I refresh it a couple times a day, to see if there are any changes.

1 Like

I was asking because the most recent manifests for goldmaster / goldmaster.bin are 6 days old. I did not find a newer build than the official 1.4.1. I first used steamdb to downgrade back to 1.3.4 a couple of days ago. I didn’t know about this before…