Patch 1.4 is LIVE!

26.6Gb update

Edit2: Patch 1.4 and 1.4.1 patch notes

General Patch Notes 1.4:

• New Hair and Beard mechanics.
  • Customize your style in bathhouses and gain extra charisma with freshly cut hair.
  • Unarmed mercy kill added for a more “subtile” way to solve quests.
  • Real Easter eggs added. The hunt for the golden egg can begin!
  • Traditional Czech Easter-themed weapon to be found, called “Pomlázka”.
  • Resurrection day is upon us! Some NPCs that have died due to the physics glitches have risen from their graves.
  • Fixed problems with the “Mightier than the Sword” quest related to the scribe.
  • Rattay archery competition works on advanced difficulty.
  • Fixed save issue for the “House of God” quest.
  • Another 200 major bugs fixed

Free PC DLC - HD Texture and Audio Pack

As a special treat, we’re releasing the first free DLC - HD Texture & Audio Pack for PC which together enhance the visual and audio experience of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. HD Textures boost the overall graphics of Kingdom Come: Deliverance to create an ever more lifelike look at 1403 Bohemia. HD Audio is available for all three voiceover languages (English, German and French) and enhances all in game voiceovers and sounds.

Patchnotes for 1.4.1

Fixed various errors due to obsolete data having been published as part of 1.4. (e.g barber shop not working, issues with quest progression in Baptism of Fire & Question and Answers)

RECOMMEDATION
There is a distinct possibility that the save files created with version 1.4 might be corrupted. We highly recommend going back to your old save files that were created with version 1.3.4 or older.
If you finished main quest Baptism of Fire and the following quest (Questions and Answers) did not start, reload any save from Baptism of Fire and progress through the battle. The quest Questions and Answers should start after the duel with Runt.

11 Likes

See the source image

1 Like
4 Likes

Still waiting for the patch notes.

26.6 Gb??? Are you serious??? My whole game is 38+ Gb…

1 Like

Yep. Prolly the new textures.

couldn’t they separate this? I’m not sure i’ll be able to use these Gb of new textures, why would I want to download them?

being so large…wondering why not just delete and re-download all at once. more time obviously but gotta think this purge and merge update model creates memory inefficiencies (fragmentation, …)

Oh, c’mon, you’re now gonna be grumbling that the patch is out there? And a week ago everyone was grumbling that it wasn’t… Is it really possible to ever satisfy you, people?

6 Likes

I’m not seeing the DLC (on PC). Anyone else?

They fixed the camera shake!! Jesus Christ be Praised!

6 Likes

Yeah I don’t see any DLC either. The option to enable is in the game settings but it says it requires the DLC.

Does anyone know if the riposte training for the mace and axe is fixed yet? I’m a warhammer guy and this bug is really getting under my skin.

Good frickin grief. Who the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: said I was grumbling? Asked a sincere functional question. Given the extensiveness of the change, would it not be better to delete and re-download than to just apply the patch? In the past and not just regarding KCD, some have said the former has helped them with game performance; it’s also one of several recommendations for PS4 users that get repeat fatal CE crashes

1 Like

Hopefully. I also hope they were able to either delete all those halberds and brooms plus permanently fix them getting dropped, or at least allow us to sell them to clean the place up ourselves (though this second option is not a good one).

@Jpinard: “Spearmans Delight” and “Blood and Iron Overhaul” both fix that if not.

What about the multicore CPU optimizations, that should always be a main part of the PC patch? Nothing in the changelog about this.
And have you recorded completely new voices for the audio pack?

1 Like

I’m thinking about the console version of the patch :slight_smile:

Was the terrible stuttering fixed? Haven’t played the game in 2 weeks because of it

1 Like

I can’t use the HD Texture pack, but HD Audio pack? Tell me more!
How big the ipmact is, what does it mean, is that less compression on the sound or even uncompressed music? Did anyone notice any impact on the sound quality?