Patch 1.4 is LIVE!

Shame there are still no modding tools with this patch.

Yes, the Hi Res Option says it needs the DLC, but the straw looks more Hi Res than before, in my opinion. So maybe the textures are included already?

I Have this too. I load any game save file and it will say that I have failed my quest. For example I load my most recent one and Straight away it will say that I’ve failed Questions & Answers, for no reason that I can find. Please fix!

Maybe this only happen with savegames from previous versions. It’s always better to start a new game after a complex update.

lol no :slight_smile: (dude, seriously, after 70 hours of playing you suggest this?)

1 Like

@AJStoner
Masterstrokes with maces and axes have been fixed, I can confirm that.
Just learned them from Bernard a few minutes ago.

Combat itself felt strange though. I attack him from the left, he blocks, then I attack from the right and he also blocks, but instead of moving his weapon from the left to the right, it just
 teleports. I mean that there was no animation for the arm movement. Feels strange as I said, but nothing too serious.
Before quitting the game just now I attacked a few guards and I think it didn’t happen with them. Their combat animation was rather ok.
Something clearly changed in regards to combat, don’t know yet how to describe it, but feels different.

Will play again tomorrow and probably report.

Good night :wink:

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how many hours you are in the game. It wouldn’t change the fact, that starting a new game is always recommended after a patch. I don’t suggest this, but it’s simply the truth.

1 Like

HD textures pack dlc now showing up in steam!

I think they should include the DLC directly into the game setup files. This would be a general improvement for everyone and would massively lower the total download size.

No no no no. You’re then saying those with mid and lower end PC’s have to download a massive set of files that are just eating up space. It makes sense for them to include it as DLC for higher end PC’s.

That being said I’m getting s weird “English language not supported warning” when going to download the English language HD kit. Maybe they just copied it from the French and German versions?

I don’t think so. Games like Skyrim also have the DLCs included by default. Every GOTY edition have.

nm all downloaded now. :slight_smile:

10GB patch, nice.

Most people couldn’t reach 60-fps the way the game was. Now you introduce a HD texture pack to kill us even further
 Nice

Before this patch I had a custom set of Medium and High settings that gave me 40 to 50 fps.

After this 1.4 patch I login to find 11 fps lol

I tried the various global presets:

Ultra High: 7 fps
Very High: 9 fps
High: 10 fps
Medium: 12 fps
Low: 14 fps

And no, I do not have the HD textures turned on.

What the hell? Before the patch I would loved to have only lost 7 fps going up to Ultra High. But when Low is only giving 14 fps now, holy crap this is unplayable.

What the heck did they do?

Crazy thing about the patch
 loading screen times are dramatically faster. Go figure.

With 1.4, I got first crash ever after (newly upgraded) Guards attacked me even after I yielded and paid my fine. Began to flee and game crashed.

Also, the new barber services in bathhouse are bugged:

• I could not see preview of new beard style and had to choose blindly (maybe that’s intentional?)
  • After choosing, nothing started happening and I was stuck in cutscene viewing Henry’s face (without beard) forever. Had to kill the game.

So the guards attacked you because of the invisible beard they took offense to 
 very odd indeed

was hoping change mgmt improved :face_with_head_bandage: to read these post release comments, seems like applying patch updates is a bit like self flagellation to some

1 Like

Steam update is only 10 GB. Maybe 11.

I saw 26 GB on download screen.