Patch 1.5 worth new game?

Hey there,

sorry for just creating another thread, but two different topics.

I’m still running KCD on patch 1.2 because didn’t want to start a new game. But now with seeing all the threads about the new versions (I couldn’t play the game for a while) it feels like I’m missing out a lot.

Would you say version 1.5 is absolutely worth starting a new game? In total I just played a few hours, so I’m definitely at a point where I’m not losing like 50% of the game in progress.

What Platform you on? XB
oxers seem to have the most problems.
The Devs recommend that you delete your old save if you update to latest patch because of possible corruption ( which has happened to a few). 1.41 was noted for it.

1 Like

Hey, I’m on PC. Yeah that’s the thing, I already assumed that running on an old save is not the ideal way to go. So I’m stuck between continuing the game now or starting entirely (hopefully in the latter case 1.6 won’t come out within a few days haha).

The hard core DLC and prolly the 1.6 will come out end of June, Up to you but since you are soo far behind in patches mebbe start a new install so you will be current when DLC drops.
Oh ,BTW the next DLC [from the ashes} you get to rebuild prebeslavitz and be the bailiff
Check out the DLC path. 2 movies and 4 DLC spread from now into 2019.

if ur not seeing game breaking bugs why bother

If your game works, I wouldn’t update. But once you do, it’s gonna break your game, so bettet update now, if you plan to finish on version 1.5. Otherwise, 1.6 around corner, you might want to wait a bit.

The game is designed to offer a wall of challenge at the start; best way to get (re)intimate with your Henry again.

It has been mentioned that some animations/non player character stuff has returned with newer version of game:being on 1.2 I’d definately recommend a new game as the world might magically be more ‘fleshed out’ for it…

1 Like

I have an XBox One:
I don’t believe you would have to start a new game.
I stopped playing about six weeks before the new patch came out. Zero gaming.
Then I came to the blog and found out patch 1.5 would come out the next day.
I downloaded the next day and picked up my saves where I left off.
I had games saved in Player 1 and Player 2 and both worked much better.
I had terrible horizontal frame stutter.
I still see some dropped frames in Rattay, but it’s not game breaking. Only slightly annoying.
No problem in the field.
I’ve only found one major bug so far that caused a crash, but found a work around. Henry/Runt confrontation video went to black screen and then crashed to XBox Main Menu. Failed several times.
On the last black screen I Pushed the “B” controller button during black screen and the duel between Henry and Runt started.
I lost several times to Runt and died, so I ended up having to replay the siege battle.
Which I actually enjoyed because it gave me a chance to develope a fighting strategy and practice.
Game proceeded as normal.
I posted another problem I had with Savior Schnapps saves…
They weren’t saved. And I lost several hours of play.
“Sleep” saves were OK.

Can you really imagine him NOT running into game breaking bugs with his version?
I can’t.