Patch PC 1.3.4 becomes=>1.4 (out now/PC)(discuss release)

So it’s been 8 days to fix one bug really?
And is the patch out anyways? I launched the game a few minutes ago and it was still 1.3.3.

1 Like

I downloaded update, they probably forgot to increase a number,if you have Nvidia card just try Nvidia ansel, this should be a difference and new feature - to proof that it is 1.3.4

1 Like

With patch 1.3.3 I have weird performance. On a 1080 Ti settings on ultra or even at high and in Rattay I got a unstable 40-50 ish to 60 FPS with lots of slowing down and micro stuttering and that’s not exactly good in my opinion. Still some invisible wall bug at some door step, loading screen appear more often than before and last even longer, weird texture loading that seems somehow slow, there is no visible difference, at first glance, between ultra or high settings.

I wish you could concentrate or prioritize the performance optimization and bug clean up instead of inserting these streamer feature which have nothing to do within the game itself.

2 Likes

Right thread to find out.

Info will be posted here…

W/r eight days/one quest fix- wrong thread.
This is a ‘bugs’ subforum - this topic about the two due updates.
(Probably more technical in nature and not ‘emotional’)

It would seem that a new download has been pushed on PC platform… (and it doesnt update version number?) (Trying to confirm!)

Not sure if you have some subsystem holding you back.
After last update I dropped a few hundred mjz off my overclocks (CPU) due to the way they changed core loading (primary two threads better distributiom- no longer one/two near/at 100% loading).
Now I get fairly equal loading across all six cores/twelve threads. (Skyrim ~10% witcher3 ~15% KCD prepatch 30% now ~45%) and I have no other games that work my CPU this hard (okay BF1 multiplayer).
For this game tightening my RAM timings made the biggest difference. (Quad channel streaming from a 1200MB per second M2 drive)
With regards to your GPU? I am guessing you are on 21:9 or greater than full high def?

Id always start by turning antialiasing down until you hit desired framerate. Maybe shadows next to change.

I run ultra everything and have all sliders to right (except gamma which I have learned to not change, but doesnt matter as my calibrated screen aligns with the middle gamma value.).
And I just change shadows to keep framerate at monitor refresh (eg I drop shadows a notch on the 21:9)
For the record your card should be about thirty percent faster than mine… so I am claiming a bottleneck or too aggressive antialiasing…
This game doesnt need AA turned up high. It is naturally relatively ‘jag’ free (on edges/motion)

Are you serious? When i open game still i have 1.3.3 version?

I can assure you that there are no subsystem holding back, just the default applications like anti virus, audio driver and keyboard and mouse softwares. But then again I didn’t have those issues, at least FPS slowing down or longer loading screen, before this update. So it’s game related problem.

For the record I have already XMP profile for my ram which are clocked at 3 GHz in dual channel, but ram speed never concerned so much game performances. I am running the game at 1080p on the highest preset possible.

I’ll further investigate all the cases with all preset and check any discrepancies that might occur.

How i can be sure, they pushed some update and release notes, i guess that it is it…

To confirm 95MB patch out now PC platform (steam)

Can you (anyone) confirm a (version.txt) version number once installed?
I have no indication of a patch on Steam, but I tried to play for a bit and saw no difference (e.g. no randoms encounters at all fast travelling Talmberg>Rattay>Sasau, redid master strike training and no shortsword master strikes) so I really hope mine hasn’t updated yet.

I have ver_01_03_265296_701

If im understanding correctly, 1.3.4 is out but still reads version 1.3?

Not at my PC.

If so, why doesn’t WH post these things on the website under patch notes???Daniel hasn’t made any comments on Twitter about it either as far as I can tell.

Can’t confirm patch download.
And many people can’t confirm.
Well, i’d wait.
Why on https://steamdb.info/app/379430/depots/ it doesn’t went “public” ?

I’d assume it’s something else, not a patch.

why is my steam not downloading the update???

Dunno about you, but when I know there’s an update that Steam isn’t pulling down, I exit out of Steam completely and restart the client. That usually forces it to first check for updates to itself, then news/sales offers, and then any updates for your installed games.

i literally just did that, and i verified the integrity of the game files.

I have no idea how ruthan above did so, but the patch is not listed as released publically yet.

thank u , i woulda ended up reinstalling steam or something stupid.

There is NO NEW PATCH YET.

There was some kind of small update around 100mb, definitely after turkish support update. I don’t know what update is that but it makes my game runs worse than before

“• Bugfix: Random encounters during fast-travel”

I assume it is also fixed for regular travel as well, not just fast travel?