(PC) Anyone else suddenly get much lower performance in Borderless mode?

Borderless windowed used to run the game just fine for me, with no perceptible performance loss compared to fullscreen. A few days ago, the game suddenly started running about 15 fps lower than it should be and having extreme input lag anytime I set it to borderless window. I haven’t intentionally changed anything/updated drivers, so the only thing I could think of it being would be a windows update. Seems I got some updates on the 9th, which would line up pretty well with when the issue started…

Anyone have any insight?

Switch to Full Screen again. Problem solved. Do not play games in windowed mode because the computer also runs the background programs together with your game. Why you think your game runs better? Because smaller window is easier to work with… downscale your resolution.

Good lord, I’m not an idiot. Borderless runs the game at the same resolution as fullscreen. I prefer it for a number of reasons, and it used to perform fine. Now it doesn’t. Clearly something changed, and I’m fairly certain it wasn’t something I did.

The point of this post was to see if anyone else had experienced this issue, not to collect snarky, condescending responses from people who lack reading comprehension.

Myself got in every game never better performance with borderless setting.

Its probably windows Game Mode (if not a game settings change that frquently occurs when switching between fullscreen and borderless).

Game Mode is forced by windows and changes up things like whether software runs fullscreen or borderless. (It strangely chooses borderless when it affects performance considerably worse)…

Made my Darksouls game no longer run in 21:9 with that same ‘batch of updates’ it appears.

Game Mode has NEVER shown benefits (in a real world scenario for a gamer).

The concept was first used by Playground Games after Turn 10 had access to scorpio hardware. It was used to cripple performance on their PC/Xbox title so that the PC version ran poorly vs the xbox versions requirements.

Using Game Mode mcketsoft xan force which cores a game prioritises and has access to.

Game Mode in theory could be a great thing but is used by Microshaft in extremely anti consumer practices.

KCD is a major target by nature of existing on Scorpio and PC and being a rare title that benefits from crazy raw performance.

Game Moding the PC version to share primary core for rendering with the OS could easily cripple framerate and make the console look ‘superpowered’.
Thats the idea anyway.

We need a linux version of KCD to force Mickeysoft to play nice…

If you use alt+tab to go to another program and back you enter borderless mode.
It cost me 15-20 FPS.

It have always been like that for me.

Started somewhere around 1.4(PC)ish if I recall.

Sadly returning to fullscreen resets the users customised setup and requires ‘more time’.

For all the silly stuff Warhorse might have slipped on, this one feels odd, and has a deeper meaning…
I think it could easily be a lil from column A, a lil from column B (microsoft are ass).