[PC][CRITICAL BUG] Stuck on loading screen!

Alright, I reverted to former save, to one when I start walking with Slavik. Turns out, there is NOT supposed to be a load after the cut scene. When you play without interruption, the game goes on as it is supposed to. If you load the game right before the dice game, there is a load after getting the torch and the game hangs.

Same thing here, won’t load save after Train Hard Fight Easy…no saves load now…what a ripoff.

I’m having a similar issue. During the Questions and Answers main quest…I interrogate the captive after curing the pestilence and get stuck at the black loading screen. Loading previous saves does nothing. Alt + Enter, Alt + tab, fullscreen, does nothing.

Pretty frustrating. 30 some hours of play down the tubes

I’m stuck at the same point. Tried 3 times also but it just sits there with that blank loading screen. Likewise I paid for a game I can not play any more. Terrible !!!

I7 - Titan X Pascal, M2 SSD, 16 G Ram

Too bad. It is expected for a new game to have some bugs but as a backer, I expected it to be a bit more polished. Still, annoying bugs apart, reasonable game. I’m sure they’ll solve all this issues over the coming weeks. Patience is not a virtue of mine but one must resist ranting. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue in the same exact spot. As soon as I’ve finished speaking to the captive it gets stuck.

Tried all the solutions above to no avail.

I played until I got to the Siege Part of Wranik. So right after the Movie sequence, when Heinrich want’s to tell Hanusch and the Others about the Bandit Camp the Game get’s stuck in Infinite Loading screen.
I tried an earlyer Save Game and played until I got to the exact same Part, when again the Loading screen keeps going… (Game is still running, so it’s no freeze)

2 Likes

Dont try to copy books at the Monastery, it will crash the game too

i have the exact same problem. Even reverted to a save before Monastery quest (someone here suggested there might be problems there) and played everything up until that cutscene - still stuck. Very unfortunate; this game is amazing and this artificial cliffhanger is the tease of the century :sob:

1 Like

I had the same problem on a few occasions as well. I managed to usually get around them by loading earlier saves, but now I’m stuck at an infinite loading screen, exactly when the Payback Quest starts and you are teleported from the upper castle in Rattay to the southern one and Cpt. Bernard is waiting outside. As soon as I go out, the game goes into this loading screen and stays there.

I loaded saves from couple hours ago and did other sidequests and so on, but it still won’t let me past that point. So the main quest is finished for me, it seems. Unless it gets patched, of which I would be amazed to see, but have little hope.

Hello before the Battle of Vranik invites the game forever and in the Task Manager I have 100% GPU utilization. This is the second game round and it happens for the second time.

Grafic cart geforce gtx 1060 Strix 6 GB

I have the same issue before the battle of Vranik on PS4. Waiting for the 1.3 patch, I hope they will fix it there…

same thing here but for me its when i am trying to speak to reeky after finding his camp

same here :’( after updating to 1.4.1 i guess

I am having the same problem, only it’s at the end of the courting quest with Theresa. It glitches at the point where you ask to walk her back, I end up doing the end of the dialog a second time and then it freezes on the loading screen. I have tried everything, changing it from borderless to fullscreen, going back to an earlier save, nothing seems to be fixing it at all.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue

This doesn’t just happen on PC. It is happening on console too. I couldn’t even make it passed Skalitz. Kunech fight would go into infinite loading screen every time. This was on 1.3.1 patch even.

I had the exact same issue as Unioncityblue, but did some poking around.
First off, it looks like this issue may have started after the latest patches, as I don’t see it reported before this past weekend. When it is supposed to return Theresa and Henry to the Miller’s house, it does so, but immediately initiates the last portion of dialog we had just been through on the first courtship date. Upon completing that dialog, we get the dreaded endless black loading screen. It saved right before the date, so I tried a few things. The re-tread of the conversation happened even if I initiated Fast Travel to get out of there!
Eventually, I ran over to Theresa and initiated conversation before it went back to the repeated cut scene. After choosing some dialog and ending the conversation, the repeated end-of-date dialog didn’t come up! I played for another 4 hours and saved repeatedly. Unfortunately, when I went back to play ANY saved game from that point, even if I was in a city far from Theresa and the original quest, it now initiates that same end-of-date dialog, and there is nothing I can do to prevent it.
Because I saved it so many times, there is NO saved game where this doesn’t happen… so I’m stuck. 36 hours of gameplay down the tubes unless there is a work-around or patch for this.
I e-mailed the support address, and hope to hear back, but I’m posting here to hear ANY suggestions someone might offer.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

I’ve the exact same issues. It’s terrible. On ps4Pro, not PC, but it’s the same problem. I load any type of befor’s saves but it is not still running. I’m so sad.

Same bug with Theresa quest, infinite loading screen. This actually didn’t happen to me with previous patches…