[PC][CRITICAL BUG] Stuck on loading screen!

After first city patrol at Rataje and first dice tutorial, I have stuck on loading screen. It actually loads for 15 minutes, game is responding, but nothing happens. Tried it 3 times!

I’ve i7, GTX 1080 MSI, SSD, 8GB RAM

I have paid for this game and can’t even play it.

3 Likes

Same here. During the training with Captain Bernard I just get a random black screen and it never loads. This is kind of the issue with having saving being tied to an item and not just having it be a feature.

I’m having the same problem later on, in the town of Merhojed during the Pestilence Quest. Black screen with the bottom right loading icon.

I5-6600k - Asus 1060 6Gb - SSD - 8Gb

It worked fine until halfway through the quest. Please help us out!

Good to know, its not only me…

I’ve got to fix my problem by reverting to a previous save. I don’t know if that will help you but I do hope so. Cheers

You’re right it helped me aswell. However I had to play fucking boring patrol once again, this is fucking alpha game

Yes, I bet that it was annoying to repeat that. Cool the first time, not so cool to repeat.

Same problem… I’ve tried everything…

so does going back in a old save actually work i personally don’t want to do what i just had to again

In this game you can’t be sure anythign… it’s bugfged as hell. As u can see that helped us, so you can try but I can’t guarantee u success.

I’m having the same issue. I’m stuck after hunting with the young nobleman. We go to chase down a wounded boar, and then it goes to a load screen. I’ve been on it for like 13 hours!

I tried loadin a past save and replaying the hunt, but nothing works. It just goes back to the black load screen :rage:

i fixed it by changing from borderless to full-screen

i was on borderless fullscreen and had this same exact issue, i switched to fullscreen and its fixed, loads quickly through this whole part. Thank you @TYKRISET for the suggestion.

I figured it out basically just spam alt+enter which will go from full screen to windowed keep doing that, aswell after that alt tab and tab back in. I my self when I did this and alt tabbed I opened task manager and then tabbed back in. Task manager may be relevant, might not who knows all I know is I opened it when I fixed it.

Let me know if this solved your problem much obliged!

@wulfgaard doesnt work for me sadly

i had an issue on loading after a cutscene. it would seem to be loading forever. the trick for me to get around it was to skip all cutscenes for that section. im also on the ps4. it sucks to miss out on some of it but at least i could progress.

Same for me. I’m stuck after the sequence, where I have to ring the Bell in the Patrol mission with Nightingale. Just a Black Loading Screen. ALT+TAB did not work, spamming ALT+E does not work. Seems I have to wait until a patch arrives…

It does I sadly done it twice for two different game breaking issues…

On PC it has happened to me on 3 separate occasions, losing upwards of 2 hours of progress because of the shit save system in this game.

Same thing happened to me now. I was playing yesterday, got at the part with dice, after the dice the game loaded as it was supposed to, but I had to go to sleep, so I turned it of, because it saves before the dice game, so I wan’t afraid to lose progress. Today I replayed the part with the dice, the game is stuck on infinite loading screen. RAM is used 100 percent the whole time it “loads”.