Perf patch?

Hello everyone,
Not for trolling purpose. Many times in cities in particular this game hit my CPU usage going up to 100%, never see this in any other game. Can we expect some performance update soon ?
Thank you for your answers

This game has supposedly be “optimized” in a patch already.
This game does not run like other games your use to. It uses Streaming builds. that is it makes and draws what is in front of you as you go. This slams the CPU with a heavy work load. If you do not have enough threads( data paths) and the digital HP to run it your system will suffer.

It seems to run an ai/people calculation either at specific trigger points and/or certain times of day and likely on an ongoing timer.

If several of those coincide then big/noticable drops occur.

If I set machine to max everything in KCD settings and flog the dirt outta my build (until steam starts to whistle out of the case)- the game runs at 45fps lows with little spikes that drop down another 7fps right before people get drawn onto the main street.

In an earlier game build the ‘off camera’ action was way further away, but around patch 3 they newtered ultra pc settings and really started to kill the beauty.
They seem to damage it a little more with each patch too. I dont mind lowering graphics settings; especually on settings most people wont notice- but they should leave Ultra untouched.
Ultra should be left for future systems (and capable systems), and those idiot ‘tech gamers’ who think that their pcs should put out all games in ultra at the same framerate are fools…(why/how should games render the same number of frames per second? Rhetoric -dont bother answering- games obviously wont all run the same framerate and most gamers couldnt care about which version of speedtree their game engine runs and so dont have an educated opinion about why some engines and world sizes might affect framerate/loading etc…)

Anyhow a few fools yelling at Warhorse to make Ultra ‘faster’ are leading to the game being crippled for everyone.
Optimisations need to be done.
Many tweaks are done with each release.
Shows how far from complete the game was.
It should never have launched on all platforms at same time and the disaster that is would never have happened.
Devs would have a handle on causes too…

Unfortunately they have no ability to take onboard and make meaningful the feedback they are getting; even to the point of getting angsty about it…
Which is moronic as feedback is essential and they literally throw away free useful information…

Basically they are overwhelmed, understaffed, and losing passion for building their product in the public domain.
The dlc and their reaction to public opinion on it, took a lot of ‘jam out of my doughnut’ for believing they will turn this around.

I believe they have the dedication and commitment but doubt their ability to further build positive public opinion.

They have an excellent vehicle and it is vlose to something (very) special.
It may even get there…
Hope people still care enough for it when its finished.
By that time ‘future PCs’ should run the game well (maybe even on integrated graphics chips- I jest), would be nice if the Ultra settings in the game menu had any practical meaning at that time.
My guess is they will be further reduced with each succesive patch.
Not sure howal many more physics mods can balance that out…

Physics on hair but I have to have the Ultra settings active radius halved again? No thanks!

Perf on this game has been non stop for the low end.
That is the focus.
Unfortunately - not knowing their own product very well, they keep having reduced output on base systems- even with all the tricks they have snuck in to make it run faster.

When they sort out the show stopping and major render problems; the game will fly!
We have seen brief moments of the improvements working…
I have tabled enough data to see actual improvements with most patches.
There is major love from Warhorse and I believe they will get on top of it…
I dont believe at that time they will actively restore the higher quality modes we have had.
Mods most likely will.

I cannot fire up Skyrim with less than about ninety mods.
Generally run about three hundred…

For me- these are just ‘medieval walking simulators’.
I’d take vanilla KCD anyday.

@longshot Im back. Been without net for a week (or more), few moments passing wifi hotspots etc, otherwise-havent been online.
Been hugely busy. Only reason I give long ‘rants’ here is due to usually having time to spare in my rural existence.