Perfect block, riposte and master strikes

Okay, what is a riposte? Is it a swing after perfect blocking? How do I know I’ve successfully executed it? In my playthrough, for some reason, I can’t master strike but the animations for a riposte pops, on my other playthroughs I can do master strikes but when perfect blocking, there is no animation to execute a riposte. Can the AI counter a riposte with a master strike or not?

The word “riposte” is in any standard dictionary, I believe it is of French origin. Riposte means the same in KCD as its’ dictionary definition.:

“In the sport of fencing, a riposte is a counterattack made after successfully fending off one’s opponent. English speakers borrowed the name for this particular maneuver from French in the early 1700s, but the French had simply modified Italian risposta, which literally means “answer.” Ultimately these words come from the Latin verb respondēre meaning “to respond.” It seems fitting that “riposte” has since come full circle to now refer to a quick and witty response performed as a form of retaliation.”

1 Like

I see. That must mean in kcd after perfect blocking, you can attack. But I always fail to do that on my other playthroughs. Like it doesn’t feel like i do a riposte because the enemies just blocks it normally. So how do you execute a riposte and how do you know you’ve done it?

1 Like