Performance Is Terrible with GTX 1080

Hi,

Just tried to test the game on my system and I’m getting less than 20fps on low settings running in 1080p and the game is completely unplayable.

My system can usually handle most games in 4K, max settings at +50fps (The Witcher 3, Crysis 3, Desu Ex: Mankind Divided) so this is very concerning.

System Specs:
ASUS X99 Deluxe
Intel Core i7 5820K
32GB Ram
Game running off an SSD
MSI GTX 1080 Seahawk

Any suggestions on how to increase performance?

Thanks

Just wait a bit, the game is not optimized yet. But normally your system should have a better performance indeed.

1 Like

Its usually CPU bottleneck holding back performance. Nothing you can really do so far, except waiting for optimizations.

But there is something fishy in your case, as I run KCD with I5 and GTX660 on 25fps at high :smiley:

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with your system and there is not much that you can do to improve your graphical performance at the moment.

The reason why everyone is getting very minimal fps is because the game doesn’t utilize all the resources in our rigs. While running the game on my rig, only 40% of my GPU is being used and 30% of my CPU. It uses so little of my Pascal card that my GPU fans don’t even turn on.

1 Like

It does seem awfully strange that they would throttle things like this. It has me quite worried as to their ability to actually optimize the game properly considering the game is in beta and performance is as low as it currently is. I’ve not heard of a developer getting to this stage in development and not having things optimized (I’m a games developer myself - www.failuregame.com - and we’ve been optimizing the game throughout development in order to make sure it works on as many systems as possible; and we’ve got less than half the funding that these guys have.

My guess is that they are throttling the system because they are focusing on optimizing the game for console first and then build their way up to PC optimization. It seems likely since XbOne and PS4 both run on the same hardware. Even so, there is no reason that the beta should have anything to do with console optimization.

I run game on High with i7 and gtx 1070 flawlessly… not any help but just saying :blush:

Just tarted playing yesturday … I’m playing on an i5 8gb on Win 7 with a GTX660, with the game set on 1280x720 and Med res (and several things custom tweaked even lower, like water), and I’m only getting 25-30 fps or so, which seems pretty anemic. I also can’t even find a basic control map for the game.

I tried dialing the res lower to see if I could up the FPS, to no avail, indicating a very primitive stage of optimization. I’d deliberately waited until beta before coming on board, but apparently I should have waited even longer.

Help is on the main menu under help.

Performance is mostly about a novel first implementation of the WH AI routines. They are a bit buggy and slow, which is the reason for the slow sleep/rest cycle as well. The release branch has been reported to have been completely overhauled in this respect.

You’re cycling AI routines during sleep/rest ? Seems like a lot of unnecessary overhead to me, but I’m a newcomer … at the very least is sounds like there’s plenty of room to optimize that. The game “Mount and Blade” does something similar, but only for patrols and troop movements … simple things like daily chores should be clock based and require no non-local OH whatsoever, and minimal OH even when local. Sounds like something the devs need to look into.

Warm & soft is a different things.

Every1 want living world, but who want to buy a normal comp?

P.S. don’t worry all work is done.

By “all work is done” do you mean they’ve finished most of the AI routine overhead optimization and have completed internal QA & version control release release for it ?

Incidentally, the game froze on me again just now, which is my second freeze today, and I seem to be averaging 2-3 blank screens each time I try to restart the game. I’d be curious to hear if this is consistent with other people’s experience.

quite.

10 chars

Its poor with my GTX TITAN X, but it’s not complete yet. Expect performance issues for early access

I float around 25 FPS but not near maxed out graphics and with motion blur off. Can anyone check my specs below and let me know what they should be capable of running? it seems like I should be able to near max this game out.

AMD FX 8320 Eight core processor, 3500 Mhz

Nvidia GTX 1060 card 6GB GDDR5

16GB Memoery

Not with that CPU. Not to mention maxing it out drastically increases the likelihood of crashing.

gtx 1070 founders
i5 6500
16 gb of ram
medium-high settings 1080p
running off hdd
30-40 fps

either your cpu of time to reinstall

It’s the LOD, object, and vegetation distance settings that really kill FPS. Leave those alone and bump everything else up to max. I’m using an FX-8350, 8GBs RAM, and RX 480 4GB and there is only a few fps difference between medium and max settings as long as I leave those distance settings alone.