Performance issues/Stutters

I have a decent rig and when I’m in cpu heavy areas like Rattay and other city’s I experience stutters. My fps on lowest (sliders at 0)is in Rattay like 130/150fps and on ultra 35/60fps(sliders at 100). With the settings, low and ultra, my cpu usage stays the same (between 50 and 90% all 8 threads). That doesn’t seem right?

I tried to give the game priority, tried all the graphics settings, I tried without cpu OC, user.cfg with all sorts of cpu and gpu settings, nvidia control panel settings, different saves/playlines, usage limiters, removing profiles folder, steam verify game files, mods (and removing mods I use (all the pretty horses and remove HUD)) and more but nothing seem to help.

My specs:
I7 7700k 4.9 ghz watercooled (max temp while playing kcd is 60°c)
16gb ddr4 2400mhz
asus strix 1080 8gb (11 gbps version) PCIe x16 3.0 (also like 55°c)
installed on a 500gb 970 evo ssd m.2 (not getting warmer as 50°c)
1000w psu
1920x1080 60hz

I hope someone can give me a tip or a solution :slight_smile: Thanks in advance.

all your drivers up to date?
I am not so fancy a system and use very high settings and get 45-75 fps, 100+ fast travel and max low of 30 in fps eating spots and no stutters. Gameplay and view seems quite good to me.
But then my last system was not very good for this game.

I see that there is an nvidia update out today lol but besides that one, yes they’re up to date. (also my mobo drivers are).

by the way, outside city’s it runs very smooth. Only when I’m in crowded areas it stutters.

Im updating my gpu driver and then I’ll check it out. Just copy/paste it in my user.cfg?

Do I need to delete "Sets game to ultra"etc?

it is an improvement in fps but the stutter is still there unfortunately. Thanks for the help though!

Only thing I haven’t tried is a fresh install… So I’ll do that tonight.

Sure no problem at all.

Didn’t help unfortunately (the fresh install). It runs still the same… shit!

1/ Try changing the heap size. Here the guy explains how.
I didn’t try this but I’ve read this is not helping. Still worth a shot
2/ I can also see your CPU is overclocked. Is it really worth it? I’d try to revert to the factory settings and have a look.
It is, I removed my oc and it was even wors
3/ Try different Vsync settings, too.
tried but not helping.
4/ Finally, are you using any graphic settings outside the game? Like Nvidia control panel or Nvidia inspector?
I have nvidia control panel and I tried using vsync through that and different settings but now it is on default settings.

My free space is 308gb and I removed my mods already and I’m now on a fresh install.

I still have the issues, very annoying. It’s playable but just annoying. I tried even to look for malware, virus or damaged registry keys but nothing seem to help.

With this hardware I just excpect to be able to play fluent and smooth, maybe not on highests settings but that would be okay. It was running better on my old rig with an i7 2600 16gb ddr3 and 1060 6gb…

if anyone have soms thoughts or other tips, I’ll be glad to hear them.