Performance Rubberbanding/Sluggish

Hello, I just got the game on GoG and have been enjoying the intro part but I am having a strange issue with “smoothness”. My FPS is very good. Usually above 50 fps but I have this strange issue where it feels like I am walking through mud; or there is the is slowdown but my FPS is not affected. It can be reproduced if I walk from one end of Talmberg to the other.

i have tried no vsync, fast sync, nvidia vsync, and in game vsync but none make a difference.

The only way to stop this speed up slow down effect is to limit my fps to 30.

Specs;
gtx 1080ti
i5-7600K
16GB RAM
SSD

Thank you for any help!

Thank you for the reply. Using your config I get even higher fps, upwards of 120fps, but the rubberbanding is still there. using the command line to lock fps in game I can feel the sluggishness when capped over 30fps. Even capped at 45 I can feel it. Do you think it has something to do with frame-pacing?

Thanks again for the config. So I did some testing. Performance really isn’t a problem. So test it I dropped everything down to low. I was hitting 120fps, which seems to the be cap, and I was still feeling the sluggishness. I would walk from one end of Talmberg to the other repeatedly and could feel it right when I cross the draw bridge.

So it’s definitely not my GPU so I tried some CPU affinity tweaks.
They didn’t seem to help but setting the priority of the .exe to above normal DID! The game uses my CPU at almost 100% constantly but the sluggishness almost completely disappears ! I haven’t tested it a lot but will see how it does tonight.

UPDATE
So I am now in Rattay and experiencing the same poor performance as in Talmberg. After reading through these forums and other places on the internet it seems I am not alone.
It seems I am a victim of CPU bottlenecking with this game. My i5-7600K just doesn’t have enough core/threads to run smoothly in towns. I can see my 1080ti is only hitting 40% usage in town with my CPU at 100%.

I hope Warhorse is working on some optimizations for CPUs but I probably shouldn’t hold my breath.

PS. I have tried the various user.cfg tweaks for CPU settings and they don’t seem to make any difference.

Welcome, you’re far from being alone, I’m afraid…

Well, Warhorse released the game 9 months ago and haven’t feel much of an optimisation difference during this time, despite all these numerous patches (they’re already in v.1.7.1). DLCs and getting quick money is the priority, apparently… Don’t expect much, to be honest… I hope to be mistaken.

Per the usual once the last DLC is released they will be committing their staff to KCD II and we won’t be seeing any more patches. I understand this makes sense from a business standpoint and I also look forward to a sequel but… AAAA that wall of stuttering I have to walk through in towns!!

If they do so, I’d seriously reconsider buying another game from Warhorse, as I won’t believe any of the promises/hype. They have already not provided the promised features for KCD; check Kickstarter trailer and compare it with the final release of the game… See the differences?

If so, what makes Warhorse different to any other developer, if during their first attempt to prove different they blatantly failed? It would be aging too soon for being a new company, the past confident will be broken (my opinion)…