Permadeath in hardcore mode

Some games have started using permadeath which means if you die your save game gets deleted.

This would be sweet because you would fear the enemy more and have to be really careful! Now that is hardcore! I’m up for this shit.

:laughing: At the E3 interview, Tobi said “no way are we doing that”. But, he did suggest that if you wanted to play with permadeath, you could just delete all your saves any time you died yourself, and start over.

2 Likes

So your up for being 80 hours into the game die and and start again in front of your mother and a beginning noob? :crazy_face::grimacing::frowning:
the devs already said publicly a strong “Hell NO” to perma death

1 Like

This would be so frustrating and not fitting the game imo.

It’s a common thing in a hardcore mode situation but to have perma death in a game like this, it just wouldn’t work. You could be really good in the game and just die a bs death like get hit from a arrow from afar or accidentally fall off of a high cliff, it would be infuriating if anything. One time I was speeding through a forest to get to a town or something, I wanna say Talmberg, but anyway while I was speeding I went off a high cliff with the horse and just died instantly. Didn’t even see it. Lol

1 Like

Well I didn’t mean one death but maybe you could have like five lives and in the last it deletes your save. That would make it tense but not end of the world.

Sorry, I just don’t see it or the slot where you put in the 2 quarters and the play button.

Not to derail this convo but will do… it’d be nice to meet in the square :men_wrestling:️.

You might not but that might mean you’re not up for a challenge enough. Some gamers want danger and risk and it makes it more exciting.

If you want risk and danger, don’t use perk points

1 Like