Pestilence quest - basket wtf?

So I’m on the Pestilence quest where I have to question every village house to find out what happened. Cool. Except that there is a blooming BASKET in the doorway of the fifth house I go to, and I can’t get in. I tried shooting it, but it won’t budge. Seriously, a basket? I mean, come on. I would appreciate any ideas about how to remove the bloody freaking basket from that doorway, to proceed. And seeing as it’s the only quest I have available right now, I’ve got nothing else to do in the game. So, yeah, this is highly annoying. Please help.

Please someone answer me, how can I get past this? I really can’t move forward with the game, I can’t get in Vincent’s house and there is nothing left to do.

If i had to guess, i would say that your trying to go somewhere that you don’t need to go. I get into trouble sometimes in these games and the answer always ends up being very obvious in the end. You might be focusing to much on this basket, when the answer lays elsewhere.
You should start from one end of yhe village, and go into every single house. Do it methodically and during the day taking mental note of each one you search so as not to get disorientated.

Seems to be a minor bug introduced with 1.3.4. In my new playthrough, there was a chair blocking the acces to the main room in talmberg castle, but I could jump over it and get in the room.

No, this is the fifth house you need to go in in order to meet one of the plagued victims who actually gives you a related quest, on top of the main. If you skip one house, you end up with the wrong medication results and people die.

I’m playing on the PS, my patch still says 1.3. I have tried climbing on it, but I can’t. I just hope they fix this cause it’s on the main quest.

There is no need to ask every one of the infected.Just ask a few people about the symptoms of the plague.Then you have to go to the monastery,speak to brother Nicodimus and then he says you what to do next.
Also asking the infected is an optional objective,you are not obliged to do it.

You are obliged to heal them though. And I can’t fucking heal them when I can’t fucking get through the door. I’m not sure how clearer I can get…

Well that’s strange because I didn’t give the medicine to all the infected(I couldn’t find the last infected so I gave it to 4 out of the 5) and I was able to pass the mission.Let me explain(possible spoilers)

SPOILER

When I spoke to brother nicodimus and found what caused the plague(it was caused by water poisoning),he made the potion and traveled through Merhojed(he said that we will meet there).I went to the village,talked to him and he gave me the potions to distribute them to the sick people(and as I said,I gave it to 4 out of the 5).The first one I gave it was the bandit in the shed(this is the guy you are supposed to question).Then you have to wait to see if the cure worked.After that,talk to Melichar and say that you found the cure for the plague.Then he will allow you to talk to the bandit.

P.S. Pestilence is a side quest.The main quest is called Questions and Answers

If you don’t heal them all you miss consecutive quests they give. You can look it up online. Pestilence is directly linked to Questions and Answers and what you tell Sir Randzig, so yeah, I’d like to get it right.