Pestilence / Questions and Answers - Cutscene Crash to Desktop after 1.4.1

I had the same issue so I skipped entering house and went directly to prepare potion. After that I did not interrogate bandit, but steal the letter from him. Questions and answers mission was completed and I can continue playing. Pestilence quest is not yet finished

I had same issue entering the house, the launch of the cutscenes scrashed, I skipped this step and succeed speaking with bandit and finishing the quest…

Same issue here :frowning: Crashing after entering Straws house…

Didn’t get it. What lines should be deleted?

Hi,

There was a mistake in the text format. I edited my previous post. Lines that I deleted should be visible now.

Of course remember to backup scripts.pak before making changes :slight_smile:

Thank’s a lot! Will try it)

I had no mods installed and after updating 1.4.1 had the same crash issue. So i stole the letter from bandit and after 24 hours i kept crashing again and again. But i think i found a fıx. I disabled HD Textures and waited 24 hours and game didnt crashed for me. Then i went back to merjohed and talked with the guy and completed the quest with no crashes. Tried same thing few more times to make sure and i had no crashes for sure. But i trıed going back and talk with bandit it still crashes. Im not sure if it can work for you but after stealing the letter and talking wıth sir radzig just disable hd textures and wait for 24 hours. I hope thıs works for you too!!

“Oh and btw you need to restart the game after turning hd textures off and make sure you are far away from merhojed. I was in Sasau tavern waıtıed there with no problems”

2 Likes

Completed Pestilence tonight. My resolution was similar to Phenom:

Knocked out watchman, picked barn, pickpocketed letter from bandit. (I did not initiate Pestilence up to this point).

Following morning, I paid my dues for behaving like a scoundrel, started Pestilence, helped the woman bury her husband, got Vincents will, went to Sasau to turn in will and get help from monastery. Returned to Merhojed, handed out remedy, went and completed Questions and Answers.

returned to Sasau and waited a few days (until status of Pestilence changed to: wait and see if the remedy works). At this point I changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (from 2560 x 1440) and waited a few more days. There was no cutscene, nor a crash. I returned to Merhojed, spoke to the Bailiff and completed the quest.

2 Likes

Yes I’ve been experimenting myself around with those values for some days as i previously mentioned earlier in the tread.

I tried specifically removing that line from captive in mejhojed too but it still crashes to me =(

After dropping off the bandit captive at the Rattay prisons I received a notification to talk to Sir Radzig, The map didn’t show me where he was and the journal only has the “Vengeance” main quest line with a sub quest saying “Find out where the counterfeit coin is coming from” . I checked on the internet and found Sir Radzig at the lookout camp West of Talmberg. No cut scene was triggered and the only thing he would talk about was a Silver mine side quest. I tried to “activate” Sir Radzig by picking a chest nearby where by he ran off into the sunset and I haven’t seen him since. Please patch.

Well i complete so many quests after this buggy one and i can ensure you there is much more bugs awaiting you in upcoming quests. they are not game breaking like this one, but it annoyed me like hell. This game is amazing i enjoy it very much but this bugs just make me wanna alt+f4 right away. ıts almost like its still on beta testing. I dont think they will fix those bugs anytime soon. Probably we will see many patches in future.

3 Likes

It is.
Just beta testers paid 60$ for it instead of being paid :wink:

4 Likes

I want return back in a year… for Game of the Year Edition (or in the other words for initial stable 1.0 version). it’s so annoying to be a beta tester (for 49,99€ that I paid for the “pleasure” to be).

And the game was like 4 years in developing already, if I not wrong? Wut? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Does anyone know if this bug has been acknowledged yet by anyone from Warhorse? Hope they’ll release a hotfix for this soon…

Yes apparently they’re working on a fix, though no specifics about when there will be one.

2 Likes

Real question is, which quests will be broken by this fix? :wink:

4 Likes

Actually, looking at all that, it’s really not bad idea that wierzba25 offered.
Via deleting all lines related to Straw in both .xml files q_plagueInMerhojed.xml & q_captiveInMerhojed.xml you disable broken cutscenes with Straw.
I confirm. It works. Questions and Answers finished. Pestilence finished.

But there is another bug/crash reported also. It’s time-related after the Pest completion and it doesn’t matter where you will be at that point or what will you be doing (some background script related to this quest). At least that’s my impression from what I read. I personally completed this quest-line before the patch so i guess i was lucky.

Does anyone know if the timed crash is based on when you start Pestilence or from when you start Questions and Answers after the duel with Runt?

I thought about loading an earlier save and doing sidequests but I’m not sure if it would crash after a couple of days ingame and I’d be wasting my time.

There is one bug / crash after 24h, but one of the deleted lines fixed that - at least for me.

I don’t know if it’s the bug you are talking about tho.