Pestilence / Questions and Answers - Cutscene Crash to Desktop after 1.4.1

Hello! I patched the game and loaded a saved from 1.3.4. While the main quest didn’t fail this time, I’m still stuck at the quest “Questions and Answers” as the game crashes right after I finish the conversation with the bandit. I’m not using any mods and I verified the game files via steam. I did read some posts mentioning random crashes at the cutscenes, I’m not sure if it is related. I actually uploaded the save game to https://expirebox.com/download/4d9d722ecf3859fc4ab7fc4b37bd3694.html.

I have spent around 90 hours on this game and 1.4 was actually the first time I came across a bug, and 1.4.1 is my first desktop crash. Is there a way which I can play the 1.3.4 version as it was pretty stable for me and I really don’t care much about haircuts and Easter eggs. Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

I got same issue on the same moment of this quest.

I just watched a video walkthrough of the quest, and it seems there needs to be a cutscene right after we finish the dialog, so it looks like a cutscene crash issue like other players reported before this post. I updated my graphics card drivers for Nvidia while waiting for the patch to download, so maybe the issue is related to that. Edit: I rolled back the driver but it didn’t solve it.

I had an issue earlier in this quest row, when i had to find infos about the pestilence. When entering the house of the 2nd important guy (called “stroh” in the german translation), there seems to be another cut scene. i then just ignored him and directly talked to the girl at in sasau. However, now the game is crashing after the dialog - the next cutscene. i think the crashes are related to the cutscenes.

ok guys i found a fix,same thing happened to me after 1.4.1 and i looked up on a fix on reddit and it worked for me! I gave all town the remedy,and made a save just before the conversation with the bandit to be sure.DONT talk to him,pickpocket him,he got a letter take it,game will tell you to go see sir radzig,do it and questions and answers will be done but the bandit died.you can later finish pestilence!

3 Likes

Unfortunately for me, the game still crashes to desktop a day later at 18 pm sharp regardless of completing the quest Questions and Answers or not. I think the other quest, Pestilence, somehow updates at that time. I tried traveling at that time or simply sleeping but it simply crashes to desktop whatever I do at that exact time in the middle of the game.

2 Likes

Yes, crashes for me to. No mods. Crashes right when the dialogue with the bandit completes. Game also crashes after I wait for the cure to work in “Pestilence” - Crashes at 5pm the following day. Also checked the date on my save file - and it was from the 29th, so it was from before Australians got the 1.4 patch.

Fucking unbelievable. I’ve not come across this yet but having just fixed the failed quest bug I’m.about to do this quest and not looking forward to it now lol. Think I’ll hold of and do side quests . Got loads to do.

Lol warhorse you got to be the worst game patchers in gaming history. It’s cool. They should maybe stop rushing so much, also stop worrying about useless features no one asked for, while they’re cool and I’m great full for free new features you should only be doing that once you got a handle on you’re broken game. Fix it first should be you’re top priority surely. Just common sense.

1 Like

I’ve same issue as @Gordias.

Exact the same here. The Cutsceene at the house of “stroh” and later after the dialog with the bandit. I’ve written an Bug report in that reason.

1 Like

Same issue as others, the cut scene after entering Straw’s house, crashes to Windows

Spoke to the other villages and skipped Straw’s house and then when I came back, it crashed just after speaking to the bandit, again like the others above

I can confirm this is happening in the vanilla game - It happens with no mods or cfg adjustments

i faced the same crash (house during pestilence). And i use any mods etc never…

What do you guys do at this point? I’m waiting for a fix but I wonder if it is safe to play and focus on other quests. Do you think the fix can ruin any progress we might have for other quests if we keep playing? They told not to load any saved game from 1.4, so I’m not sure whether to wait for a fix for my 1.3.4 saved game or to progress with 1.4.1 with other quests until a fix arrives.

Same issue.

The game crashed when I went to speak with Straw; after a few tries I ignored him and went to Sasau to obtain the remedy. When I came back, I couldn’t give the cure to Straw (no option to talk to him, only pickpocket), so I skipped him again; when I spoke with the bandit, the game crashed right after the dialogue ended.

I really enjoy this game and it’s it’s irritating that bugs like this spoil the experience. Looking forward to a fix.

1 Like

I can confirm this as well, no mods and no CFGs and I still crash upon trying to load the Straw cutscene

I had the same Bug but got it solved by doing this:

Give potion to citizens
get the dude to open the door for me
Give the bandit the potion
Dont wait, break his neck instead,
take letter and continue with quest.

This is kind of ronthepipe’s Solution. So thank you!

Did the Pestilence quest update or complete for you @Asounder? Even when I follow that solution, the Pestilence quest update that occurs a day later crashes me to desktop.

1 Like

Tried to complete the quest several different ways, but in the end the only thing that worked was to knock out the watchman, pick the barn door, and pickpocket the letter. Had to kill the prisoner (speaking to him crashes the game). Pestilence is impossible to finish as well. Honestly, this is obnoxious; ppl were complaining about this back in feb…

I encountered the same issue at the same time.
i tried stealing from the bandit but after 24h of ingame time the game always crashes no matter what i do
i hope the developers take note of this issue because i really enjoyed the game so far and really want to continue playing

1 Like