Pestilence / Questions and Answers - Cutscene Crash to Desktop after 1.4.1

Exactly the same here. It also happened when I was trying to enter Straw’s house. Had to skip entering the house and guess the symptoms from other people. Another thing I noticed that it always also crashed when I just wait, whether it is fast wait or just standing around, and always once i wait to the same hour (between 5 and 6 for me). Maybe it is some counter for waiting for the sick to get better or something so once they get better the game crashes :confused: very annoying and can’t even continue the main quest.

Hello,
I also have an issue with the Old Straw house. After talking to Melichar I go to talk to Old Straw and when I reach the house a cut scene start and then the game crash… every time. I don’t use any mode and it crashed before and after I installed the new driver.

Wish you all the best for your work.

I’m also crashing on pestilence. After accepting quest from M, if I attempt to enter Straw’s house the game crashes instantly.

Same issue here. Very frustrating. I’ve tried various previous saves, different approaches, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Yep, same exact things here. I’m just going to go sidequesting until a fix hopefully appears… sent in my log file and a save to the support team in case it’ll help a fix get here sooner.

Hey inras. Is there a link where we can follow the bug’s progress instead of filing multiple ones?
(I am a sw/hw developer myself and I find that annoying as **** ) or should we all file bug reports on this?

I have the same issue, trying to enter this house causes a CTD when no other cut scene in the game has caused me any problems, with 191 hours played- some of that restarts because I like to poke around, a lot of it restarts because of things broken in previous versions.

This game has become a pretty strong reminder to me of why I usually wait 6 months to a year to buy a game versus at release.

I have the same issue with the Straw cut scene that others are having. As soon as I enter the house, the screen goes black like it is going to start the cut scene, then CTD.

Seems there might be an issue with this quest and the cutscenes it tries to trigger.

opened the q_captiveInMerhojed.xml and commented out the refference to a cutscene called “Lynch” and I could finish my conversation with the bandit, and people were waiting outside, possibly wanting to lynch the bandit.

Will test this further.

UPDATE: seems removing the cutscene trigger screws things up as I see three villagers standing out of the barn but they won’t trigger any conversation with you about why they are there.

1 Like

http://support.kingdomcomerpg.com/projects/kingdom-come-deliverance
Here are all Reports and their Status. You must be logged in to see it.

I imagine that to be very frustrating if you develop a big patch and realize that it is causing new big bugs… -_-

confirmed (Bug #794): ctd right after ending dialogue with captive bandit 2 hours after cure potion was given to town. 1.4.1 patch level, no mods.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I was able to finish this quests by edditing 2 files in the Scripts.pak:
Location: …\Kingdom Come Deliverance\Data\Scripts.pak\Libs\AI\quests\

q_plagueInMerhojed.xml (Pestilence Quest)
Find and delete line:
InstantSendMessageToNPC target=“this.id” type=“cutscene” values=“alias(‘slamaPreDialog’),dialogFadeIn(true)”

• This stops cutscene in Slama/Straw house - you just walk in, and can talk to him (select first [blank] conversation option)

Then find and delete line in subsection (if you cured everyone):
InstantSendMessageToNPC target=“t_actors[slama]” type=“daycycle:change” values=“add(false), handle(‘q_plagueInMerhojed_slama_drinking’)”

• This stops game from crashing when you cure everyone and wait for quest to resolve

q_captiveInMerhojed.xml (Question and Answers Quest)
Find and delete whole subsecion: BehaviorTree name="cutscene_slama_lynch_onBegin

• This stoped game from crashing when Lynch cutscene (Slama) was played, BUT this may be just a coincidence, because i cannot recreate this for second time :frowning:
  • Generally the problem is this stupid Slama/Straw fellow, so you can experiment with cutscenes/behavior trees related to him.

Hope that helps :wink:

2 Likes

Same here. After entering at the house of “stroh” game crash and back to desktop.

I had the same issue so I skipped entering house and went directly to prepare potion. After that I did not interrogate bandit, but steal the letter from him. Questions and answers mission was completed and I can continue playing. Pestilence quest is not yet finished

I had same issue entering the house, the launch of the cutscenes scrashed, I skipped this step and succeed speaking with bandit and finishing the quest…

Same issue here :frowning: Crashing after entering Straws house…

Didn’t get it. What lines should be deleted?

Hi,

There was a mistake in the text format. I edited my previous post. Lines that I deleted should be visible now.

Of course remember to backup scripts.pak before making changes :slight_smile:

Thank’s a lot! Will try it)

I had no mods installed and after updating 1.4.1 had the same crash issue. So i stole the letter from bandit and after 24 hours i kept crashing again and again. But i think i found a fıx. I disabled HD Textures and waited 24 hours and game didnt crashed for me. Then i went back to merjohed and talked with the guy and completed the quest with no crashes. Tried same thing few more times to make sure and i had no crashes for sure. But i trıed going back and talk with bandit it still crashes. Im not sure if it can work for you but after stealing the letter and talking wıth sir radzig just disable hd textures and wait for 24 hours. I hope thıs works for you too!!

“Oh and btw you need to restart the game after turning hd textures off and make sure you are far away from merhojed. I was in Sasau tavern waıtıed there with no problems”

2 Likes