Pestilence / Questions and Answers - Cutscene Crash to Desktop after 1.4.1

I didn’t have to modify an XML either. Seems the crash is graphically related if it worked after Phenom disabled HD textures, and worked for me after I lowered my reso (I do not have HD textures installed).

Worth noting that Pestilence can be entirely skipped. Once you get Questions and Answers, simply go to Merhojed, steal the letter, and turn it in. Tested this last night and it works perfectly. Caveat is everyone Merhojed will be bugged (you can start Pestilence but cannot progress it, as no one will speak to you).

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is one of the best games I’ve played and Kingdom Come: Deliverance is one of the worst games I’ve played.

How much time will it take to make a proper patch?

1 Like

I’ve created an Acocunt here Simply to say that Phenoms fix works. I was doing everything he suggested already, BUT was not far away from Mergihold. Once I went far away it worked just fine! Thanks My friend!

Your welcome my friend. It just sad an amazing game like this had too many issues and preventing us to enjoy it. But nowadays every game releasing with too many bugs in it. Years ago when internet was not advanced like this, developers were taking their job serious and working with many beta testers until game is properly playable. But now they just choose to release it and earn money meanwhile they are fixing the game. I guess we should wait few months before buying the games now.

1 Like

The same problem. Quest the pestilence >> the game crash to windows. Patch 1.4.1…
Lot of informations in this topic.
We will wait…
Thank you

My problem is cutscene still doesn’t show up

@hapaja

If you used this “fix”, the cutscenes won’t show up because you edited them out. The cutscenes itself are buggy, with this “fix”, you remove the cutscenes from showing up and allow you to play the game without it crashing.

Still: sadly the best solution is to wait until a new patch get released.

Warhorse knows about this bug and they test new fix. The new patch will be available in the near future.
(sorry for my english) :rofl:

I think I got a way to go over it without editing nor changing graphic options.

The problem seems related to having both Pestilence and Questions and Answers quests opened. This turnaround worked for me:

• Don’t enter in Straw house, just talk with other people
  • Go to monastery, Talk with Nicodemus, identify pestilence (water intoxication), prepare remedy
  • Go back to Merhojed, talk to Nicodemus
  • Cure ill people (quest should update without talking to Straw an giving remedy only to other people)
  • Talk to baliff
  • WAIT 24 HOURS (shouldn’t CTD)
  • Talk to baliff, Pestilence quest should end here
  • Talk to prisoner

Then lynch cutscene started without problems. Let me know if this work for you too.

R.

Game crashed after waiting 24h.

Found a solution to the problem with the quests “Pestilence”. When you play the game takes off while waiting at 24 hours and when talking with a robber. you need to do the following:
-Find the moment when waiting for 24 hours the game flies (suppose it’s 6 p.m).
-Change wait for an hour before game crashing (assuming 5 p.m).
-Take a quick trip to any city, the main thing is that it took more than 1 hour.

Go to the robber and enjoy the movie, and then choose what to do with it.

Game crashed during quick trip.

Raizingher’s answer basically did the trick for me: Apparently “Pestilence” must be finished before you can go on.
I just waited long enough (did some errands in the meantime & slept in my bed), then talked to Melichar (the bailiff) thus finishing “Pestilence”. Afterwards I could talk to the captive and the cutscene triggered without any crash whatsoever.

Yeah, But I want Plague Doctor achievemnt :smiley:

I tried Raizingher’s solution, but when I was waiting for the situation to clear, the game crashed, so no joy there for me.

Now im stuck on another main quest atm named If you cant beat them. You need to talk to a guy ın monastery and yet hes nowhere to be found. For that i need to take different path whıch requires good skill of lockpicking. And before this quest another main quest was not showing a marker where the man is but i found it with my own. I guess there is so many game breaking bugs like this and we need to wait for another patch. And god knows if it will fix it…

Mind you, I had very similar issues with the Sraw cut-scene - disabling the first person dialog mod solved that entirely.
however, this issue is new to 1.4.1 - They have screwed up something since in 3 different play-through I never had the game crash until now.

Hey, could you please specify

(a) who needs to be cured? After talking with Nicodemus I gave the cure to the insane guy in the locked cottage, the woman I helped bury her husband, and the people in the house where a guy asks you to write and deliver his last will. No one else I found had the the option to be given the cure.

(b) I talked to the Melichar (the new “bailiff”), he thanked me and gave me access to the prisoner. I waited 24 hours and went to talk to the prisoner, but this just gave him the cure. I talked with Melichar again, but there were no new options. I waited another hour. Somewhere in the meantime, there was a failure message that I didn’t manage to cure everyone…

This is all very confusing and I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I kinda need to solve this to be able to proceed with the main quest and this solution seems to work for others, but I am probably being stupid about the exact procedure.

There were at least five houses with ill people. I went inside all of them and clicked on all the sick, but also their carers. This gave the cure to all of them. Also, you have to prepare the cure yourself for it to work on everyone. Anyway, the quest is currently bugged. I did it with my first Henry on an earlier patch and it worked fine, but now I have to wait for a hotfix before I can try again.

This worked for me without any editing and problems too. Thank you!