Playing 1080p with 4k display

Question to 4k owners.

When i swithing to 1080 trees, bushes and grass become terrible. It seems like there appears black dots. But nothing happens with yellow flowers, sky, clouds, houses.
Is this normal, or a have problem with i don’t know what?

Can add, that is not only in 1080. The lower resolution - the worse picture.

1 Like

@ProkyBrambora, this could be an interesting topic.

Hi,
If you have game in fullscreen and lower the resolution, the outcome will always be worse picture.
Also the pictures you provided are highly compressed so the results is even more distorted.

If there is something else going on could you please provide us with more info?
What monitor and what resolution are you using, what exactly are you doing (ideally step by step isntructions) and does it happen always?

Monitor - TV samsung 40ju7000u. 4K desktop resolution and 4K in game. I simple change resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080. Yes it happens always and 1st screen is not worst that I’ve seen. 2nd screen is compressed 4K and for compare.
I’ll come home soon and attach links to uncompressed screenshots. And i’ll check fullscreen and windowed modes.

By the way. About my tv. Will the game support 3D mode?

1 Like

You say 3840x2160, but the picture you uploaded is 2560x1440.

720 Fullscreen/windowed

It’s really hard to show.

When i moving all ok, but when i stop u can see what i mean.
It was in windowed mode.

I had time to test it out. I switched from 4k to 1080 and that are my results.

My Monitor - Samsung U28E850R - Game is installed on a M2 and all setting are on maximal.

And did you leave the game in fullscreen?

For these pictures i didn´t leave the fullscreen mode. I tryed it sometime but i didn´t see any diference.
Should i upload some pictures in window mode?

I’m not sure I understood correctly. I took a picture in the full screen and then switched to the window and so for each resolution.

You switched in fullscreen from 4k to 1080 and after this you go in window mode and the black dots appears?

Ok i think i know what is the issue,

But there is nothing to be done about it. That’s just how the technology works. Less pixels, less details.

In any resolution lower than 4K and any mode. Obviously, the picture will be worse. But this problem is only in this game. If I start moving, the problem with the picture disappears.

4k Fullscreen

i switched to 1080 and window mode

I don´t have this problem, what you show in your video, while the charakter is moving and stop.

Edit: Maybe you use some settings on your tvmonitor like game modus or similar what make this problem.