Playing as a female character possible DLC

oh? can you link that one to me too
The more you know amiright

I dont have a link for that. i think i have read it in Empires and Barbarians: the Fall of Rome and Birth of Europe. But i have quit a lot of books about this period. Could be the wrong one^^

Round it up and its 5000 , 4906 hours in Fallout 4. Conan is a good building game but no settlers , so l keep going back to Fallout 4 to build.

Jeez lol might as well go back and play that remaining 100 hours

kk ty ill go check that out

my whole point on this post was that playing as a female character is not a good idea for this game i tried my best not to be rude or sound sexist :expressionless:

1 Like

we don’t know what it’ll entail yet so impossible to know how realistic it’ll be. it’s probably just an expansion upon the original premise they had with theresa, ie a stealth type character.

and to those saying history is 'boring" needs to take a backseat to “game play” or whatever. you do realise it’s also a realism issue. women are not physically strong enough to fight as well as men. thus employing them in combat makes them a liability. shield maidens have been romanticized. i reality they had a support role while it was still the men who fought.

why are people suggesting they abaondon what makes this game interesting in the first place(historical authenticity and realism) for the same wishy washy inclusion for the sake of inclusion nonsense as in the hundreds of other oblivion knock offs out there.

also, joan of arc is an extreme outlier, and even then she was never in the midst of combat, she was guarded in the back.

3 Likes

yeah I agree the thing that makes this game good is it accuracy this is how accurate this game is
rattey
i assume you all know where that is

Rattay? It look like a boot : )).

It will most likely be a mod or maybe the next game in the Kingdom Come series could be based around the viking invasions during the 9th and 10th centuries. Shield Maidens and the like.

And I wouldn’t say the history is boring, thats your opinion, I’ve learned something from playing this game and not many video games can provide this kind of experience.

I would never say history is boring I love history, but I think playing as a female in history would not be fun.

1 Like

I think creating a compelling story based on a female lead would not be difficult. There are many examples of accomplished female warriors and leaders. Boudica, Fastrada, Ethelfleda, Jeanne Laisne, Joanna of Flanders, Emma de Gauder, Lady Bruce all have great stories that could be adapted to a game like KCD and be quite entertaining.

1 Like

come on now this is a friendly post everyone is free to post his/her opinion.

1 Like

Sorry mate, I just got a little irked reading back to back comments from certain people who have been provided with sufficient explanations yet fail to understand. You’re definitely more patient than I am :joy:

1 Like

There are other games who have a female only character. You can go play them. This title is meant for men only character. it is what it is. Soon people ask for the awesome button in this game…

1 Like

thought KCD already had an awesome button

haha I understand I for once got completely carried away in a thread and started swearing and attacked the guy.

You are both right and wrong. You are correct women did not typically get trained to use a sword in open combat, and were not typically permitted in any official military. However you are incorrect to assume that they only did things like work at the bath houses. Women were actually fairlt proficient in one particular area, assassinations.

Female assassins were not completely uncommon in this and earlies time periods. Women could more easily do things like walk through cities without being noticed. They were also less often viewed as a possible threat by gaurda and nobles, so they could get close to theese people far more easily than a man. Many of them would typically use poison tipped daggers to ensure the death of ther target.

so the storyline could be one that is more focused on assassination.

That being said there are recorded cases of women being permitted to join official armies. Mind you these were rare cases, and the women were extraordinary. Female bandits could also be found during these time period although once again they were rare, and typically used tricks instead of ingaging in open combat from the beginning.

1 Like

good point

Please provide information for both the women assassin’s that were ‘uncommon’ and the recorded cases of women joining official armies.