Please fix the optimization

To start I want to say, goddamn this game is fun and engaging. I spent 12 hours playing it after installing it yesterday and I would love to play more, only one issue:
THIS GAME IS OPTIMIZED LIKE A POTATO!
On my mid level rigs (both of them) I top out at 18 FPS, and average at closer to 10FPS, which is ridiculous for a pair of machines that have NO trouble running new AAA titles like The Witcher 3, newer total war games, even ARMA 3 runs like butter on this machine and yet I can’t run KCD.
I backed this game from first announcement and have waited with anticipation to be able to get it and now when i finally have gotten it i can’t even play it.
please, PLEASE, PLEEEEASE fix the OPTIMIZATION, Warhorse Studios, you are absolutely on the right track with a brilliant game but a game that can’t be played isn’t brilliant. Please don’t make me regret backing this game.

Boom here you go,try this mod

1 Like

Had An Athlon X4 quad core 3.9 gig 4 thread CPU with 16 gigs of ddr3 and had to run on medium and some low setting and maxed out at 35 fps in empty areas and in some places in towns 5-8 fps and big battle @ 5-11.
Now I have a Ryzen 7 2700( 8 core,16 threads) 3.2 gig and ddr4 16 gig same GPU. I now I run very high @ 50-75 fps and fast travel @ 147fps.
Game wasn’t coded for medium and lower end systems. the gpu if fairly recent model can do the job if have at least 8 gig Vram and a fast clock speed. Now because of consoles it get nerfed more for PC’s.
To run well game needs at least a 6 cores 8 thread system with ddr4 fast ram. IMHO and from reading here over the months

I do agree with optimisations.

I have i7 7700k water cooled
16gb ddr4 2400mhz
SSD m2 500gb 970 EVO
1080 8gb (11gbps version from Asus)

Still on a mix of ultra and very high I get a lot of fps everywhere but in towns it’s sometimes dropping to 45-50.
I have the shaders and shadows down to medium because they’re very cpu intense. Well imo my CPU is pretty decent and still it is 80 or 90% usage if I have shaders and shadows to high or above. With those on medium the cpu usage is like 50/60%.

With my specs I’d expect very high.

with the mod posted by gerardfraser set to ultra i get 70-80 frames in rattay on a r5 1600 and a gtx 1060 6gb

just saying…

What’s your system?