Please Help: Migrating Saved Games Between Two Different Playstations (same user)

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting, so I hope I’m not violating any community rules. I did search for similar topics and couldn’t find anything similar enough to be of help, so I thought I’d turn to you for advice. Hope this is ok!

I recently visited a friend who owned the game on PS4, played it for a few days on a secondary user I created, and got quite far along in the plot.

I then left, but not before backing up my saved game on a USB stick. I got home, , bought the game, logged into that same user, and imported the data from the USB, yet still when I launch the game it won’t allow me to load the saved data.

I’m not sure if it’s related, but when I go into the “application saved data management” of the PS4, I see the saved game under a separate profile than the one that was created when launching the game. I tried deleting this new profile and re-importing the data, but to no avail.

Is this problem familiar to anyone? Can anyone offer any advice? I really enjoyed the game, but also wouldn’t want to start the whole thing from scratch.

Thanks!

I guess it is the same kind of install proceed like on a PC but are there files in these two profiles (folders)?