PLEASE make henry a noble in future dlc's

it will be cool if in a quest you get the chance to become a knight you kneel before the king, then the king says “arise sir Henry of Skalitz” with a cool cut-scene and you officially recognized as a noble knight.

As cool as it would be to be a noble Henry ISNT a noble he’s a bastard son of a noble. Even tho radzig has aknowlaged him as his son only permission from the king would legitimise Henry and make him a noble

1 Like

Been a while since i played, but i distinctly recall people refering to you as “sir knight” or something if you wear shiny plate armor in towns.

People referring to Henry as a Knight is rather inappropriate in historical context. A Knight (Ritter in the Holy Roman Empire) is lesser nobility, and given their own area to govern. People took titles seriously back then, and would not refer to a typical man-at-arms as a knight (ritter). Accepting such statements and not refuting them could land Henry in hot water. Impersonating nobility was a big no-no.

Curious - do you have a source for this? Laws on who could legitimize bastards varied from realm to realm in Europe, and in many cases people like Radzig could legitimize their own heirs. Sometimes (though rarely) the Papacy got involved, and in some cases the sovereign of the realm had a say. The Holy Roman Empire, being as decentralized as it was, might not have granted that authority to liege lords. Certainly, the Emperor had little say in the matter. Wish I knew this particular set of feudal law in medieval Bohemia. Perhaps some historian familiar with the region will chime in.

But, yes, you’re quite correct in that he’s acknowledged but not legitimized. That would not go too well for Henry in terms of inheritance if Radzig up and died.

1 Like

I can find the source at some point been having internet problems so sorry for reply. I know my last comment is true in regards to England at the time so just using that as a basis. I mean think about it how many children was born to common folk out of wedlock. If all of them had a claim it would be chaos. Also further point from England the term knight was used to refer to a warrior with armor on horse. Yes they hadn’t been officially knighted by the king or queen but was accepted to be a knight. Only if they wished to take part in tournaments of the sword or joust they they had to prove there heritage. Kinda like showing a birth certificate showing they had noble blood. Either by birth or annoinment from the king or queen of the land

this historical thing is really getting on my nerves i like the game and i like the historical accuracy but when someone present an idea there are 100 people saying that its not possible cuz of history, dude its just a game they can still make Henry a noble and alter the story in a believable historical way, there were cases in which not just a bastard but a normal person was granted nobility.

Did you read what I wrote? Or just decide to throw your toys out of the pram for the sake of it? Me I like the historical aspect of the game if I wanted fantasy I would play skyrim

I could see that henry is raised to a Ritter in the next phase of the game.

In the battle of Agincourt the kings body guard a “man at arms” ( real title/profession) defended against and fought off several of the French got near to the king. He was successful but suffered grievous wounds. and dis not survive despite the best medical treatment the king could had at the place and time.
For his action the king granted posthumously knight hood to him. So Henry could have been raised to a Ritter for great act of courage.

while they do there best. theres still plenty of historical inaccuracy in this GAME. i watched historians on youtube talk about how warhorse is going for historical accuracy and how much they missed/ gotten wrong. PS theres many more articles like this you guys can google this is one of many, but after reading a lot of them. i really do believe the answer is yes he most certainly can and no not as much as you think. the fact henry is a bastard to a noble with ZERO heirs (as of yet) makes henry radzigs only heir and i think 1st inline to inherit his keep and lands with the kings permission. from what i read henry’s reputation would have alot to do with it as well.

https://www.quora.com/Could-a-medieval-peasant-become-wealthy-If-so-how

https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen-in-medieval-times-if-a-nobles-ONLY-child-was-born-out-of-wedlock

that’s not really the case as Daniel himself reveals in the his talk in Poland. the simplest example is the sacking of Skalitz. it happened in March. there was and is no technical or knowledge barrier preventing WH from implementing a March setting. WH knowingly departed from historical accuracy for playablility. i don’t always agree with their use of artistic license but i don’t fault them or hold it against them

those historians are under a false impression.

so what ur saying is the historical accuracy went out the window during development lol never new that. just as an example i was referring to these types of videos,this is one of many . i for one thought it was like walking back in time until i watched historical analysis videos. no matter how accurate or inaccurate the game is still the best realistic medieval game i ever played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhfPsSx6DBU&t=877s

some aspects, yes. Daniel flat out states that WH had to make up stuff (fill in the gaps) because much of daily life in medieval Bohemia is not documented in detail sufficient to animate an RPG world. this is especially true of the commoners/serfs (remember the Rathaus dialog mentioning that the affairs of the lowerlings weren’t documented)

Daniel and WH’s line in the sand is stuff like the general armor setup. the barechested Vikings (eg on cover of Ancestors Legacy) are unacceptable in Daniel’s mind (illogical and doesn’t align with general understanding of their armor usage). so maybe the helmets used by the Cuman during the invasion departed some from the best historical evidence available but they’re within the ballpark, and more importantly, the overall Cuman outfits are a reasonable take

1 Like

Henry is already a Nobleman by the end of the game.
Even though he is a bastard son to Radzig Kobyla, he is the only son, meaning he automatically becomes the legitimate because there are no other heirs.
Also, Radzig already publicly accepted Henry, so by that point in the game it’s safe to say that he’s a nobleman.

You are wrong.
Henry IS a Nobleman because he is the ONLY son of Sir Radzig Kobyla. That makes him automatically legitimate and Sir Radzig Kobyla acknowledged Henry aswell.