Please rework manual saving

Here’s the problem we have with you and people like you.

People aren’t asking for changes, they’re asking for more choices. The reality is the first mod created was to get rid of the Schnapps saving issue. The first thing slammed WAS that and SOME of the survival aspects. What I have seen consistently was not “MODIFY THIS GAME SO IT WORKS THIS WAY” but “Please add an option for more casual gamers to enjoy your game.”

What has been stated, consistently are things that work in alignment with BROADENING the fanbase for this game. I don’t see any problem with that and frankly if you’re so elitist that you want your little corner of the gaming community then enjoy sitting with obscure, one-off games that wind up putting a company in bankruptcy because they can’t reach a wider audience.

The difference here I see is attitude. On one side we have people just asking for options. Not a change to the whole system, not a reworking, just option. A little menu you can choose to change things just a little and the other side getting arrogant and elitist and responding with “Git Gud” which is annoying, to say the least. Maybe you don’t intend this but it’s how you and so many others have come off.

The reality here is that while I understand the realism approach they went TOO FAR in the aspect of saves. Rather than limiting save functions and creating tighter, closer auto-saves they sparsed them out. For someone JUST STARTING the game this is a huge turn off. Most people aren’t going to play long enough to realize how easy Schnapps are to make and get ahold of. Most people aren’t going to see anything more than “No Manual Save” and turn away from the game.

This game is a great, fun, innovative game that has an awesome Combat system that I know fans of games like Dark Souls and Warband will absolutely love but the minute these people see there’s not even a save on exit feature(thankfully it sounds like they’re adding that) or that Auto-Saving is ridiculously sparsed and there are STILL bugs that out and out force you to quit losing TONS of progress they won’t care how great it is. They’ll return it and likely never buy from the company again.

Whether you like it or not the company NEEDS to build a fanbase if they want to keep making games. 500,000 copies sold is damn impressive for a start up. How many of those returned just for a feature like saving? How many of those people will be interested in the future. Warhorse isn’t a Square/Bethesda powerhouse. THIS is their first impression and as much as I love the niche there have to be options.

OPTIONS. Not game changes but OPTIONS. If you are unable to resist making the game easier on yourself that’s on YOU.

I dont think you understand yes people are complaining. But what about the other side who think the majority of the mechanics are easy enough with practice. Thats right screw them as long as your happy getting rid of snapps or hunger xd. But forget that one for a second. If you want a easy medium hardcore difficulty your probably going to have to patch most of the games files which means for consoles? Another 24gig patch? That unlike pc is doesnt rewrite it stacks ontop of the old files. My game is already at 46 gig from the starting 20 what gig? And thats only after the day one patch and 1.03. The game has more than doubled in sizein less than a week just to fix bugs. And now people want game mechanics changed or more options which would need mechanics changing for that mode. You have to take more than the one thing you want sorting into account.

1 Like

Again, it’s not that difficult to re-implement. It’s literally just adding a few lines of script to make it an option. None of the complaints I’ve seen(where they want to return it anyway) have anything to do distinctly with how hard the game is combat wise. It’s almost exclusively the survival and save game aspects.

We’re talking about a context sensitive script variation that can be selected or inserted into a dialogue choice. It’s not re-tooling the whole game. And, again, to reiterate we’re not asking to rewrite the game. Literally you can make it work with the assets that are there.

You DO realize most of the patch was junk data right? Go and read up on people who took it apart, it’s literally a copy and paste of the game itself doubled into the original file. I’m not sure exactly WHY it was done this way, I’m sure there was good reason but there IS junk data.

Now, having said that I point you to this:

File Size
1.38 MB

We are talking about changing script behaviors’ and modifying certain aspects. These are HUGE and complicated games in and of themselves. The exact same can be done here. It is not this grand measure you’re making out. If I’m so wrong why is it they’re ALREADY adding a save on exit and modifying the lockpicking? If it’s such a grand feature why do they make it sound so simple to patch?

Because it’s just data and scripts… Once the core game is there it’s literally modifying numbers. To suggest it’s some grand venture is just intellectually dishonest.

Literally, look at the FAQ on this very website, it’s JUST “Open in notepad, change this line”.

All adding a menu is “Context word_Behavior=Value of option(0,1 or 2)” and repeat for each menu option. You literally just have to place it between two other pieces of dialogue. The engine is there.

Seriously, I swear it’s not the grand thing you speak of and it’s a quality of life feature that will BRING people to this game.

And I promise you that you WANT people to come to this game. It’s a fantastic game and not because of Save Options or Survival Modes. It’s a brilliant story, brilliant music and voice acting and the combat is fun as hell. It’s OK to have a base of casual gamers, you can STILL keep the core difficulty there.

Have you even ready anything?
The reason alot of it is junk data is that all the data is compiled into 2gig archives so you if you want to change a few things across the game and they are all in different 2gig archives, each of those 2gigs need to be fully replaced. Which is why the first set of bugs required the full 20 gig game to be stacked and then the next 12 gig stacked as console doesn’t replace because of the way the engine works. If people want different game difficulties and as some have suggested different loot/ different challenge of enemies for each game difficulty im sure its going to require alot more than ‘one or two scripts’ to be changed. How big is this game size going to be on consoles? Is it going to require me deleting other games one by one? Its not as easy as changing a few numbers as ive said that archive isnt replaced it stacked ontop of the old. Maybe do some research https://gearnuke.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-devs-explain-reason-behind-23-gb-day-one-patch/
And you dont dont understand that survival made this game unique but you cant hack it so you complain about why buy the game? To cry until it is changed into what you want?

1 Like

How about a compromise?

1. Remove the ability to save the game.
  2. Remove the avility to load a saved game.
  3. Remove Saviour Schnapps.
  4. Add automatic “Save on Exit”, and “Load on Launch” feature.

Then everyone should be happy:
The Purists: no (manual) saving, no (mnanual) loading, no problem!
Those with Lives: Exit anytime, without fear of losing progress, keep going where you left off upon your return!
Those with door bells: Easily exit the game and answer the door, no need to fear, your game was saved during the exit.
Those with Children: Dirty nappy? No Problem, just exit the game and go change the nappy! When you get back, just load the game and keep playing where you were.
The Save-Scummers: exit the game, backup the “save file” (there will only ever be one), load the game, and keep going… Did you make a BooBoo? Exit the game, replace the “save file” with your “backup”, load the game, and try again, maybe don’t be such a doofus next time?

1 Like

The thing is, you can have ideas, you can share with everyone, even with devs, but the biggest problem when people start to demand things from devs, not just sharing their ideas and ask id they plan to implement such an option. People just yelling and demanding and moaning behind a nickname, thats easy… so the thing is, everyone had a possibility to read interviews, watch videos and everyone who bought the game should think trough, is it something they can live with… so the solution would be think it trough before buy, not demanding to change the game, because there is something you dont like.

1 Like

First off don’t assume I give a crap about Survival mode. Doesn’t bother me one bit and after the intro it was easy to see how the saving system can still be abused as they aren’t that sparse.

My ISSUE is that you’re not going to build revenue if you don’t have a base to start with that significant and large enough to make you enough for more games. You keep insulting people as if that’s somehow going to win your argument but it’s just making you sound like a jackass and putting people off this company and game.

You are literally HURTING the survivability of this compnay because you want to be some lunatic fanboy and get pissy anytime someone makes a criticism. Do you know what the word Hyperbolic is? Because that’s what you’re doing here. You’re turning this into a hyperbolic argument and arguing an extreme.

Yes, that is PRECISELY why I said it is literally junk data. I get and don’t get why they designed it this way but that PATCH is quite a bit different from what I’m talking about. Take the wax out of your ears for a second kid and listen:

There is, quite literally, a forum post stickied on this very website that describes how to change the system. We’re not talking about patching camera issues and texture bugs. We’re not talking about fundamentally changing the way the game is RUNNING.

Here, let me see if I can’t simplify this for you since you’re so stuck on consoles, here’s the system requirements after the patch:

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 40 GB available space <------------------------------------
Sound Card: Integrated

Taken straight off the steam page. Do you see anything familiar?

What was the file size on ps4? Right, around 40-46 gigs.

Sound familiar?

This isn’t a console or data wall issue. We’re NOT talking about some complicated mess of textures and bugs. We are TALKING about Script Behaviors. Literally. That’s it.

Again, you are being intentionally obtuse on this.

But for the sake of argument let me put this back in:

Explain to me why he’s quite literally saying it’s coming. Do you really think it’s going to be another 2-20 gb patch?

Really? Come on, don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining.

Just stop. The reality is these are features that can be shut off and on through scripting. I don’t personally mind the saving feature(though save on exit is still needed) but it can be VERY intimidating to new players and that is a BAD BAD BAD BAD thing for an upstart company. Period.

Go be a raving fanboy with Bethesda and the billions of dollars. I want to see this company succeed, not just corner some niche market where they can’t keep going. I WANT a Kingdom Come 5 game to come. Don’t you?

To retierate, NO ONE is asking the game be fundamentally changed. They are asking for the ability to shut some of these features OFF for a better experience. It’s a switch.

Seriously, have you ever even taken a single step into game designing. At it’s core ALL games are a serious of context switches and flags that trigger certain actions. Some are just more complex than others.
Edit:
I stand corrected… kind of. The New Patch still indicates major overhauls not to do with script behavior so we’ll see.

Also, re-read the article(Before I forget) because it even literally states that it’s not stacking the file size, it’s re-writing them. It’s just a longer patch time. Which is fine for digital downloads. I’m saying I don’t understand the bump in file size INITIALLY.

Me try and be a doofus? You trying to be clever which really doesnt work for you lmao you want to turn it into a complete hardcore permadeath game? Even more hardcore than dark souls and bloodborne. Yes those game have a perma death feature but at least they have checkpoints to areas in game. Was this compromise a joke or what because you’ve lost me here xD why not try something a bit more constructive and add a few more braincells into your next arguement. All you need to do is add a temporary save on exit as you suggested for you people with ‘lives’ why did you try go all out and be funny about. Not impressed

Why are you posting pc specs. They have obviously changed since they realised they are stacking updates on consoles. The base game shipped as 26 gig, fixing some bugs more than doubled that because of the way the engine works xD and how does quoting the devs saying that even help. They came out with that because people whined about it being ‘too hard’. People bought a game without doing any sort of research on it. They find out they dont like aspects of it and now you (with them) whine about it simple as. Now they’re going to change the game they wanted to make because you spat your dummy out XD.

I don’t see how anyone can have a problem with a “save on exit” feature. It’s perfectly logical, and resolves any issues for those with limited playtime or other responsibilities. For those whining about the ‘whining,’ what is wrong with this feature?

1 Like

I dont have a problem with such a feature which is why im saying that. But people want this game dulled down to be like skyrim. If you look at a lot of other peoples post saying this is too hard that is too hard yet you have plenty of others saying they find it easy? Well it tells you people are just lazy. The only thing that needs adding is a save on exit feature, then to concentrate fixing all the game breaking bugs. This should be a priority… not catering to people who find it too hard because they dont have the patience to learn. This is a small development team right? They can only do so much at once and those two things should be at the top of the list

See :stuck_out_tongue: i said that is what needs adding

1 Like

Agreed. No need for constant saving. I think people just aren’t aware of how easy it is to craft the Saviour Schnapps. They seem expensive in the beginning, but it’s really quite easy to make them yourself. One of the easiest Alchemy recipes. I think once we get save on exit, and people understand the crafting mechanics better, then (mostly)everyone will be satisfied.

2 Likes

I know ive only just created my first one myself but even then. Making money through the fence is easy too. Then you can buy them for 70 odd in rattay. People dont understand you start off as an average joe with no skills in anything. Your supposed to learn but so many people dont have the patience

1 Like

You can just put your ps4 in rest mode. Itndoesnt close the game. Just pause and go to rest mode.

You don’t even have to buy the recipe for it. It’s given to you for free already known at the alchemy table. People are just lazy.

1 Like

So so true

Im really not lookig forward to what this game could become if people get their way :frowning:

Agreed. This game is wonderful. Yes it’s buggy, we expect that from new developers. But in essence we got exactly what we where told we would get.

If all these complaints got taken seriously it would fundamentally change the entire concept of the game and not for the better.

And that whats frustrating. They are going to have to change they game THEY made which they put their heart and soul into because peoplez dummys dropped on the floor to fault of their own. Noone elses. If the game isnt like by all audiences then so what? They will have more of a community who loved the game they made from the start.