Please rework manual saving

I have to run and grab a charger. After that I’m starting a forum post as a letter to the developers.

Please they need to see all the players who actually enjoy what they made. Yes theres bug but take that out of the equation. People apparently dont want the bugs fixing first they want the foundations of what the developers created changing. Its ridiculous. There has been gameplay videos of this game for 2-3 years from what i can see. Why should it be changed now after release because people didnt have the sense to have a look into it before buying it.

The system is not very good. People who defend it must think it gives them some clout or cred.

Something has to be done 100%.
I don’t want to drink these alcoholic drinks all the time and it’s quite expensive. I’d rather buy a brand new sword.
But also I can’t afford losing 50 minutes of playtime either cause there is no save and game crashed after that time.
I traveled from Rattay to Uzhitz, explored there and the game just crashed after scripted scene in tavern. It’s such a waste. The game must be 101% bug free to utilize such save system but it’s not at the moment.

I have to completely agree with 5IRON:
I wasn’t expecting permadeath to become an unintended consequence of my suggestions.
I was expecting that if you die in battle, you would simply respawn at the last bed you work up at (with time wound back too).
Totally agree that simply adding “save on exit” should help many people.
Already planted some brain cells, now just need to water them…

Honestly I have no idea why you guys are so invested in this save system. It’s an early game idiot trap and after that just an annoyance. It adds nothing to the game but you’re all clinging on to it like it makes the game really great. I mean this game has 81k people playing it on steam and 21k people have already downloaded the unlimited save mod. I’m sure that’s just because most people don’t know about it.

What I do if I have to step away for awhile. We’re I don’t have time to hunt a bed. I simply pause the game and put the PS4 in rest mode. (just don’t close out of the game). When I come back the games right we’re I leaft it.

Silly argument trying to tell someone how to play their game. Give the option and play the way you want to play and try to stay out of others business.

Because your used to having a game with no consequence to your actions. That adds immersion to the game. If your saving everytime before a fight, your just going to reload everytime something doesn’t go your way and thats what infinite saves have to done to games. ‘Early game idiot trap’? Your not supppse to be able to get everything perfect from the start of the game… your an average joe with 0 experience in anything. This is what the devs intended. Did you not stop to think alot of people may be downloading the mod purely because of bugs, random crashes and having no save on exit for when real life commitments call?

The option is there but people cant be bothered to manage it… stay out of others business? Its all about finding a compromise its called debating you should try it. Many many people have agreed that a save on exit feature would work for them? Which would be easier to implement without affect any of the games core features.

The thing is this game is still going to be buggy after this patch so people are going to still lose progress for no good reason. If you come back to the game and crash you’ll lose a ton of progress. Save on exit alleviates a little frustration but the game will still crash. So this is not a solution to people experiencing crashes.

The idea that this save system imparts consequences is just not something I agree with. All it does is lose progress before you can afford shchnapps and then fills up your inventory when you can. It’s just inconvenient and that’s why people are downloading the mod.

This fix is nice but people are still going to lose tons of progress. It’s sort of sad the people who are attracted a game that claims ‘realism’. I mean don’t worry the devs are stubborn about it so your game’s sanctity won’t be compromised. Though I don’t really feel like it adds a lot, just some frustration and back tracking. They should get rid of it and add an iron Man mode for all you hardcore guys

1 Like

Oh so you need infinite save because of the bugs? Then what about when the crashes are fixed. We should still have a system with no consequence? Thats just boring. Why should this game try to be like others skyrim and not stand out for itself. Let the developers make the game they wanted and not have to change its identity for people spitting dummys out. This whole arguement is boring now.

Sure, put in unlimited saving until every crash or game stopping bug is fixed, since that’ll end up being the same as making the change permanently. The system already has no consequences beyond the annoyance of crafting schnapps. What you’re defending here is yourself not the game.

The crux of the issue here is your identity is tied to this save system so you interpret attacks on it like they’re personal attacks. So you’re not really defending the save system on it’s merits but defending your idea of yourself as ‘hardcore gamer’ and the sanctity of this ‘hardcore game’ that validates you.

Even a little compromise might eventually lead to this game not being your ‘anti-skyrim’ and everyone has to settle for this piss poor fix which still will punish and vex people who have made no mistakes. Honestly I’ve gotten no crashes so I don’t know if it’s more of a console issue or what. Though I think the system is bad and ultimately adds more inconvenience than consequence.

Meh you can disagree but ive had quite alot of people say that this ‘piss poor fix’ would be plenty fine for them. And for the multiple crash losing ‘hours’ of progress (had 2 crashes in my many many hours of play) thats bs you get plenty saves through quests if your following them. At most ive only lost 20/30mins through fault of my own running into battle like an idiot xD which forces you learn by your mistakes. Sorry that finding all of the developers ideas ls intriguing and different from the vast majority of games out there that are so bland and boring. Sorry that this game a bit too much of a challenge for people. Maybe i should go buy dark souls/bloodborne again and cry on forums asking for them to made easier for me?

The game does give you saves for most quests for others it just doesn’t. So that inconsistency is another reason the system is bad. I’ve trusted a quest would save progress only to get burnt for no good reason. I just think the save system has a ton of negatives and the best way to fix it is just remove the schnapps since it’s just an inconvenience.

It’s just about making the game less inconvenient. All schnapps really does is present an appearance of challenge, people will still reload and save as much as they want to it’s just a question of whether it’s a hassle or not. Though like I said your very identity is at stake here so you’ll never change your opinion.

I’ll say I didn’t have a problem with saving in Dark Souls because it was designed well, this system isn’t designed well and that’s my only issue.

A system should be changed purely because of bugs… bug fixing should a priority after release not changing everything which alpha beta are for… if you dont like the snapps system then why buy the game. Footage of this game has been out for 2-3 years.
Again sorry you didn’t bother looking into the game before buying it.

As a casual gamer, which is used like a dirty word around here, I am now very happy to play the game with the ‘save anywhere’ mod. I don’t care that I’m not ‘hardcore’ (although I used to be) as I like to dip in and out, when I feel like it, and time allows… I also like to take time out of the storyline and just wander, but I don’t want to lose that exploration time as it an important factor of open world games for me. So, I can do nothing for an hour and simply save with no hassle and pick-up where I left off.

If this mod wasn’t there I would have stopped playing already and I don’t understand why people can’t play the game the way they want… and the best way would t have an option at the start, which would satisfy both camps; or am I mad? :slight_smile:

A system should be changed purely because of bugs… bug fixing should a priority after release not changing everything which alpha beta are for… if you dont like the snapps system then why buy the game. Footage of this game has been out for 2-3 years.
Again sorry you didn’t bother looking into the game before buying it.

This is a nonsense reply. First of all I backed the game in September of 2014 so your little copy/paste “own” simply doesn’t apply. Second of all the schnapps save system isn’t so crucial to what makes me enjoy the game, it’s bad and inconvenient but a lot of games have bad systems and developers are not perfect. That’s no reason you shouldn’t buy the game or talk about game, it’s actually kind of ridiculous to say that.

That’s your main problem you are so stubborn and ardent about defending this bad system that you just have to act like it’s some core mechanic that without the game would be ruined, but that’s obviously not true. The save system is bad because it’s an open world game and save checkpoints are inconsistent. Even then the fix to the save system really isn’t about quick saving during combat or other things that actually remove challenge, but just removing the irritating save schnapps component.

The thing is here this is your opinion. You dont like it. My opinion is i like the game the way it shipped… The developer liked the way the game was otherwise they wouldnt have made it this way. Im just defending the people who put all their passion into this game while you do nothing but complain. If you dont like my opinion then buzz off. Its not difficult

Cant you read if you dont like my opinion stop replying to get the last word in im bored of this already man. Your entitled an opinion YOU dont like the system so stop speaking as if your the community behind this game. Yawn… your not the only one entitled to an opinion