Please rework manual saving

Look you’ve got no real argument, don’t get angry at me because of that. The developers are not infallible and the game isn’t suddenly immune to criticize because of the passion that went into it. Passion went into Skyrim but you guys have slagged on that non-stop this thread.

What is really laughable about this is after all the hardcore talk you guys respond so emotionally and with so much fragility, as if you yourselves will break if save schnapps was removed. I mean you’re even double replying to me ffs

Im not angry im bored of the same ol arguement and if youve been a backer from the start why didnt you voice your opinion instead while it was in alpha for so long instead of bringing it up after release xD yawn You have your opinion I have mine and we arent going to change each others minds so can we just end this conversation here? or do you want to keep arguing like children?

Look man, I didn’t drag you down this road, you followed willingly. If you really need for me to officially end the conversation for you, then you’re the child. Bringing up alpha now? These just aren’t actual defenses of it.

1 Like

Not everyone wants to use mods… and this should have been an option from jump. Mods disable achievements.

And the devs want you to play the game as it was intended.

The save system isn’t even an issue, if you actually play the game. Money is easy to make, potions aren’t hard to do, and the bed isn’t that far away.

The side that wants the option to manually save:
Parents, people with jobs, responsible adults who want more options that are easily added.

The side that wants no manual saving:
kids with no responsibility, elitists who say only THEY have the right to play the game. They proceed to insult anyone who has a life outside of the game, saying it’s their little clubhouse.

You decide which is right. As it is, I’m fairly annoyed the developers have never responded to this… they should have the guts to say, “we hear you,” or, “we still don’t plan to have this.”

2 Likes

Perhaps have an option for a more “hardcore” game and then one that allows manual saving that is more casual?

You obviously don’t have children. Sometimes I have to leave the game immediately. It would not be that hard to implement a save on close option.

We’re so sorry that asking for a simple feature threatens your elitist and childish sensibilities. Get a life.

2 Likes

The devs hinted they may add save on close. Too little too late, in many ways.

1 Like

“You obviously this. You obviously that.”

Don’t go assume stuff to try to look good on an argument. If anyones childish is people who act all snob like this.

Regardless how you play the game, be it casually or more agressevaly, it’s just too easy to get potions, be it by buying them, or crafting them. Just play the game, and keep a few potions with you at any given time, just in case you need to stop for whatever reason.

On a side note, you can pause the game, if you need to do something quickly, just like pretty much every othet game, when the game is paused, it will stay paused until your return.

And if you really want to know, i have a job and a family to take care too.

TLDR…Like I said, get a life. You might like arguing with random people on the internet, but I have better things to do with my time.

Yeah, you guys who are saying, “if you don’t have time, don’t play the game” are pretty snobby elitists. Though, if as your friends are saying, it’s so trivial to craft hundreds of Saviour Schnapps… then what’s the point of not having manual saving? Doesn’t it just become manual saving at that point?

1 Like

I have a life too and I never have any issue with stopping and going to work or going to sleep. Even if it’s not convenient to save right away you can just keep the game tabbed out and the game will drop it’s resource usage dramatically when the window isn’t focused. Nonetheless I’ve never had a problem with it as sleeping for an extended period of time saves the game and there’s plenty of sleeping spots to go around.

So… why is it so hard to save in the beginning, if it’s effortless to save later on? Having to constantly nap in order to save the game doesn’t sound much more realistic than manual saving.

1 Like

Just make sure your always carrying a bottle

Unfortunately, it seems the devs decided to side with the Dark Souls community on this one. Right down to all those shrines you keep encountering everywhere.

If you’re on PC, the only workaround to date for this is EddieShoe’s Unlimited Saving mod over at Nexus. I’ve been using it since launch with zero issues to date. If you’re on console however, then you’re out of luck…

Beware and brace yourself for all the Dark Soul/over masculine ePeen survivor trolls that are swarming the forum however. Your post reeks of fresh n00b steak on the barbie for them.

That’s not even the worst part, the game will start to crash the more you play it, so you will constantly lose 45-60 minutes of gameplay constantly, it just happened to me twice today, I’ve resigned myself to stop playing it now because it’s not worth it anymore.

I’m on PC. I’m using the mod. Today i lost 1.5 hours of progress due to forgetting to go save. I think game got to autosave on every quest start if devs still don’t fancy idea to allow people autosave every 15mins and when wanted.

Game crashes too much to not have auto save every 5 minutes overwriting on 2-3 slots

2 Likes

Are you on PC or console? If on PC, get the unlimited saves mod from nexus.