Please rework manual saving

Okay, great. We get that you have a busy life as well as many others. But instead of posting all over the place about how they should change the whole game to cater to your needs, start doing the whole community a favor and push for more options as far as saves are concerned. Not everyone has a super busy life and we enjoy our hardcore gaming, so push for freedom of taking optional routes with difficulty of the game, and reward hardcore gameplay with shiny achievements instead of just changing the whole game, because then you start losing the amount of people that WANT the game to stay as hardcore as it is.
I’m sorry, but the amount of ‘hardcore’ gamers and whatnot that you’re describing are about as often as casual gamers with multiple kids or super busy lives with on-call jobs and whatnot and possibly more.

Or better yet, just wait for mods! :smiley:

Literally no one has suggested taking out the option for the current “hardcore” saving experience. The only people talking about that are the edgy users who say embarrassing things like, “maybe you shouldn’t play this game, if you can’t dedicate ten hours to it?” And that’s because they had no foot to stand on, so they were strawmanning the logical action.

There is a saving mod, but console users can’t use it, unfortunately.

2 Likes

@Skalitz sorry I didn’t mean to come off that way, I understand people have lives. I’m just sick of seeing this repetitive posts all over the place, console players should have their own forum, because I believe their problems a bit different from PC players for the most part.

2 Likes

didn’t mean my post as a slight against you. I was just explaining the misunderstanding.

While I can see your frustration in this repetitive topic… the reason it is repetitive is because a whole lot of people’s gameplay experience is being harmed by this. Thousands of players, some of whom end up returning the game or aren’t buying it due to this.

The fact the game is absurdly buggy, so that even with save-scumming you find out your experience is ruined, makes this issue a hundred times worse.

1 Like

This topic has escalated quickly … I think some people need to get off their high horses.
More choice is always better.

You don’t “break a game” by adding more choices.

If you’re comfortable with the actual saving style of the game … then great, kudos to you. Some people aren’t, and that is pretty evident when you look at the overall reactions.

I have a feeling that there is an overwhelming ambiance where PC elitists are trying to push other players away from this board.

Lets make things clear here : this game is not only available on PC, it’s available on PS4 and Xbox One as well, developers have responsibilities. Don’t like it? No one cares. Yes, life is unfair. It’s such a shame that this game doesn’t look like CGI on your £2000 computer, and that developers chose to go the optimization route to make the game run on more rigs.

Deal with it.

1 Like

That’s an interesting way of saying that you’re bad at the game. There’s already a save mod which you can use if you’re incapable of using the in game saving mechanics.

You sure don’t live up to your name

If normal saves are introduced they shouldn’t net you any achievments at the very least

“I am bad at this game”

The saving in this game is such a simple mechanic, yet people like you are incapable of grasping it.

Cry me a river, you try to force the game developer to make the game easier just because you’re bad at the game. “I don’t want any challenges in my games”. Have you installed your godmode mod as well, if not your game might be a bit too difficult

No, you’re just being ignorant. I wouldn’t lose anything and got a legit save by sleeping when i would finish my fast travel but on the way bandits catched me, it was night and i died after a combo. Normal solution would be to save player before fast travel (like now i’m doing it myself manually) if you’re allowing people to die in the process on random basis.

2 Likes

If you die to bandits stopping you while you fast travel you’re a pretty bad player. You can also just run away from the bandits as fighting is not necessary. Your problem is that you’re bad at the game, not the saving system

You’re just trolling.

4 Likes

compared to the current system, unrestricted saves (not just save on exit) is only a convenience feature and a token of respect to the players and their time. if there’s a difficult fight or a hard lock ahead you’ll save with schnapps anyway (since it’s super-easy to get, according to the ‘hardcore’ crowd). unlimited saves are mostly for cases where you spent lots of time selling loot, talking to people, collecting herbs, etc, and it seems wasteful to spend schnapps on that, and then you fall to death, pickpocket someone by accident, run into a glitch, etc. you can’t savescum combat by scoring a lucky hit/saving, and i guess if the devs want to have any particular sequence unsavable they can do that. as it stands, save restrictions are just a trick to give some players a fake sense of achievement without demanding any extra skill.

4 Likes

I’m not trolling at all, I’m just sick and tired of bad players forcing game developers to make their games easier. Stop whining about elements to the game that isn’t a problem at all

Quicksaves is a horrible system for the simple fact that it makes every game easy as fuck. At least you’ll have to brew the saviour schnapps which isn’t difficult at all and you can run out of them. In fact this game would perhaps be even better without saviour schnapps and quicksaving entirely.

I’m done with game developers listening to bad players who doesn’t give a shit about improving at games

so how does brewing schnapps help if it’s so simple? it’s just inconvenience, not challenge.

3 Likes

Seems to be too challenging for a lot of people hence all the crying about changing the saving system. People like you are why games should be made so difficult that bad players are either forced to improve or stop playing altogether.

People are too accustomed to having everything given to them for free in games and that sucks, Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a chance to stray from this awful trend and bad players complain from day one.

The worst part of it all is that there’s already a mod for it yet people still want to change the actual game, embarrassing to even be the same species as those people

artificial downtime is just a poor man’s surrogate of challenge

4 Likes

You say you’re not trolling @Omnimaniac yet you refer to the players that want a better save system as “bad” and you cant seem to see the logic in using something like a quicksave or a save on exit option.

And you have to realize that not everyone here plays on PC, console players are getting shafted in that sense. So along with that and the fact that there are plenty of bugs in the game to ruin a quest, or even big events in the game, a save system would avoid those at least until they are addressed.

5 Likes

They are bad or lazy. Calling people out for what they are is not trolling.

“yet you refer to the players that want a better save system as “bad” and you cant seem to see the logic in using something like a quicksave or a save on exit option”

THERE IS ALREADY A MOD YOU WANKERS. Why the fuck do you want to force quicksaving into the game? You absolutely disgust me and you’re part of the group that will eventually destroy games.

Boohoo, I have to redo a quest. If you cannot rise above shit like this stop playing this game altogether and try to ruin some other game instead