Please rework manual saving

Wooo! Home time! I’m off to bohemia!

It’s been a pleasure chatting to some of you… others, not so much.

1 Like

God be with you on your treacherous adventures!

@N1kolaiUK

What makes you think I haven’t played the game already? Also, no matter what, it is still a possibility that you might end up not being able to save, which a simple suspend system that hurts NO ONE, doesn’t take away ANY OPTION and won’t be able to be abused would solve.

@zeltchoron

If you keep repeating yourself and ignoring the actual problems people have, I’ll keep repeating as well, so:

And see all the replies to the dozens of times you wrote this that explain that getting Schnapps isn’t our problem.

1 Like

And also with you Sir zeltchoron!

1 Like

Ok, fine. We aren’t going to agree on this I don’t think but I can see your point and I hope they add something for you.

I hope we can come back on some time and discuss our adventures in bohemia rather than a passionate debate :slight_smile:

1 Like

@N1kolaiUK

I agree. I wish for something that is fine for both of us. I’d never argue in favor of taking away options that you enjoy, only for more options for people with different backgrounds so as many as possible can enjoy the game fully.

Let’s hope next time we meet each other in a thread, it’s about something positive :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Yea, posted this mod yesterday, its an absolute must for me but i have a feeling that the upcoming patch might mess it all up.

But ppl used all of them and now have no money, they are a bit expensive (boar meat is just grind for quicksave - not clever gameplay to me) from start, should be excluded from normal pricing and been priced by amount of actual schnapps you have (first 30g, second 60g etc… for example) -> an option

Now the real problem, the ~5hour prolog of not beign able to save by sleep and have small amount of autosave points is The problem here, for newcommers especialy. That is something I do not understand.
(with spoiler:slight_smile:

Summary

You met 3 bandits through the way back, and you almost never used your sword, but the save is one after you spawn near the graveyard for the whole run, even with so many corpses to loot before you met each of them etc…, and only have schnapps, which you dont know if you wanna waste yet?, why… It’s a tutorial part before the game starts almost, and I met one gamecrash because of bug (second because of overclock tho thats my intention) here. So even this can be polished a bit. Need! (tho not that much later in the game as you will have more schnapps? meh nvm)

Agreed about the prologue being the main cause of issues.

It’s not grinding, I just am questing and am being met with boars which give nice cash.

If you have troubles carrying everything, Uzhitz has a stables and a tier 1 horse for like 130$,

Game is only difficult until you know what you’re doing lol

1 Like

Yeah I forget that choosing schnapps you will just lose the money for other things then. Tho this will be a bit about that in late game imo :smiley:

LOL! Running around and looking for a bed is sooo much more immersive than simply saving on exit.

A couple of things. I defy a game developer or publisher to market a game emphasizing restrictions on the opportunities to save your progress. Better, though, would be to market a game ONLY to hardcore gamers and not for casuals. See if they can break even using that strategy. I don’t see either of those descriptors in the product description.

Furthermore, those of you like myself, who actually work for your own money that you used to purchase this game, especially those of you unlike myself who have children, know better than to argue with the children in this forum who clearly have no grasp of adulthood and responsibilities that have nothing to do with viedogaming.

1 Like

schanpps…

And wth I do work for my money and pay bills. It’s just that you people aren’t playing the game. You think they entire game is surrounded by the 2hrs of game play you’ve had thus far.

I’ve earned an easy 3600 Groschens thus far without even trying. Allocate 20% of that to schanpps and you can save all the time. The devs jus made it so people can’t abuse saving as much. Even still you can abuse it with schanpps

1 Like

What if I tell you… gamers… or creatures in the world playing videogames, aren’t divided to casuals and hardcores, nor kids and grandpas :>
Pathetic…

TIP: Argue about our time to hurt the feelings, not money… we can all earn needed amount of money in good variety of the situation we can be in, but not the time. Why adults can’t see this.

1 Like

Just seen here schanpps with a base price of 73.5 probably can haggle to 70each no problem. That’s easy saves!

2 Likes

Again, early game is hard even you get easier encounters, Gröschens are low and until you nwat steal everything and sell its hard to get them. :frowning: So the dif. pricing would be great (increasing or smtg) since it’s a really game-“breaking”/abusing/boost… thing for the game, but it’s unfair form start a bit, tho from stard you should welcome to die and repeat last 30min sometimes :smiley:
Problem too is random fight encounter and death after collecting and exploring right… noone want loose all the money he has by surrending :p— it’s hard :frowning: Why game, why… :smiley: Game of Feels sometimes for me.

The beginning is definitely frustrating and dangerous. However almost 30hours in I can say it’s worth it. The head ache was probably gone after 20 hours.

1 Like

There probably should be two options one with the quick save and one the current state… It is indeed a problem if you need to quit the game quickly.

Anyway I completely understand the devs. why they made it like that. Quick save gonna ruin the game. It is gonna be completely different game.

2 Likes

If you don’t have patience and rather use traditional saving, there’s a mod for this. Basically you can save anytime and anywhere you want. Use this until or whenever or If the devs roll out an overhauled saving system.

Actually the developers marketed the fact that this game can be saved only by sleeping or using saveour schnapps. It was marketed both in one of the steam videos and it was mentioned several times during the development.

Also yea… your ad hominem attacks calling those who disagree children is very adult… sure…