Please rework manual saving

Did you watch videos and all the gameplay before this released? If so you knew what you were buying into. Im not bashing casuals in anyway at all but this is supposed to be a realistic game end of and because people didnt know what was going to be in the game its alright for them to constantly bash a great to get a system that they want. You dont need all the time in the world to play this game. Infact it will make the game last longer and you will put more hours over time into this

1 Like

If the game was meant to be fully realistic, shouldn’t it have permadeath? Having a save system at all isn’t realistic.

4 Likes

Oh great, now I know why all the people are leaving my online multiplayer games for “no reason” to me when I play and try to find an hour or so for one game I know I will play :>

Hope the guy won’T blame this game because some of you just can’t accept he is someone for who this feature of having more saves will work… and to me yes, the best solution will be Easy/Hard game difficulty choose, which should disable or nerf other features like eating speeping etc… for ppl who can’t play this game as a Role-Play Game (and more than hour :p)
…and want just rush through or spam everything before they will do it properly (yes now I’m pointing out the lust of every gamer saving/reloading the game before some event just because they HAVE the OPTION to save, even they want to play immersive, and this lust / habit is just destroying some of the player’s fun time with game, like in many other game because of this “feature”… so please :D, we need less saves for Hard option too if you read Devs (prob not LUL) :p)

It is really nice feature, and I’m glad it’s implemented. But it is pointless just adding quicksave where you want and remove the need of having schnapps, since the save gameplay fits dif. players differently, even not hardcore, and don’t abuse these players too, nonsense like pointing out casuals… same end.
It need the Difficulty option, or an achievement could solve this too for not using save mech., or just a simple checkboard before starting new game: Wanna save on demand or Nay? :ballot_box_with_check: ☐ ; or mods for everyone (supported in game menu), save on quit is still not great solution either - maybe some other penalties for “ragequitsaving”. This game is full of new things we won’t see in much games, so even saves can be solved!

This game needs feedback, bud getting mad, quitting conversation or stop finding the Goddest solution will hurt it even more… realize that, and try to give Warhorse some clean tips which can be fairly implemented for everyone to work their way.

1 Like

Ah, stop with that realism nonsense. How is drinking schnapps to save the current state of the world to always travel back to that time in any way more realistic than a suspend system that makes a save when you exit and deletes it when you load the game?

And I agree tha the game is for hardcore gamer. Those who want tense, exciting and difficult fights and gamepla system.

I simply don’t see how it would be any less hardcore, or make someone any less of a hardcore gamer for wanting to allow an option for people to save the game when exiting it when real life calls. Only for those that opt in to this system.

4 Likes

If getting the schnapps isn’t your problem then what is?

If you have schnapps, you can save the game.

1 Like

@N1kolaiUK

I don’t want to keep repeating myself, see my above posts for what the actual problem is.

In sort, for the times when you immediately have to end the game, but you are out of Schnapps with no Bed you own in sight.

2 Likes

Did he ‘slam’ the game? Did he say ‘he will give a bad review’ or any review? No, he didn’t. You immediately take anyone comments or questions as an attack on a game. A game. Not life or death, a game. Asking for a ‘save on exit’ saving system doesn’t harm you it simply helps people who have things to do save their progress without being penalised.

3 Likes

I have read all of your posts and I still do not understand? You said before that you could not get schnapps, you could not afford it but then you just said getting the schnapps is not a problem. If it is not a problem, then you can save and there is no problem.

1 Like

Other people have a life though, so need to end a game there and then and not lose minutes/hours of gameplay.

1 Like

And we have been having a good discussion about it… what is your problem??

If you need to immediatly save before a battle that is the whole problem, you feel no consequence to your actions since you can reload a save right before the hard times come. This isnt the game for you which had been said a thousand times to others and i repeat if you bothered to watch gameplay you knew what you were buying into. Stop whining and play the game. And this isnt rage its fact Xd you people are the one raging over a system you should have known was in a game lmao. Who buys a game without looking into it these days? (Casuals)

2 Likes

@5IRON God am I glad you are here…

2 Likes

Do you have trouble reading?!! No one has said they want to ‘save before a battle’, we want to save before exit as we have other things to do. Understand now?

3 Likes

@N1kolaiUK

Eh, no, I never wrote I can’t afford Schnapps and that that somehow is the problem. Can you quote me where I did?

And again, even if I did, it doesn’t negate the actual problem I keep explaining when I am out of Schnapps for whatever reason, and I need to exit the game immediatly.

@5IRON

Then what do you think about my idea of a suspend save system, where it saves when you exit the game, and deletes the save when you load the game? That way you can’t save scum and still have a way to end the game when you have to.

Also, as Sir Mace of Base writes, it isn’t about saving for difficult parts, but when you need to end the game immediately.

1 Like

AugustusCaesar
2h zeltchoron

Yes…

Dude. Zeltchoron. Listen. What about “we might not have schnapps or money or the possibility of buying schnapps or using a bed right at the moment we HAVE to exit the game because real life like kids or work get in the way” don’t you understand?

you are not getting the fact that it is your responsibility to make sure you do not run out of schnapps so you are able to save the game and exit immediately.

1 Like

There is a difference between an in-game punishment and in real life punishment.
Having to leave the game shouldn’t be penalised in the same way that dying in game would punish the player. One of those is out of your control, whilst the other is about your in-game skill.

1 Like

@N1kolaiUK

I mentioned it as a possibility among a list of reasons one might not save at the moment. A possibility. Among a list. I never mentioned that specifically as the problem. Don’t see how that quote explains your last post.

Also, yes, but should the game punish me for it by making all the time I played before the last save useless? Just because of outside factors? Which could be up to 20, 30 minutes? Just because something in real life makes it impossible to continue to play until I can save?

If this would only be affected by my skills, okay. But again, it’s outside factors that are the problem. Not to mention I have tons of Game-Breaking bugs in my game right now, as well as occasional crashes.

I simply don’t get your problem with adding a suspend save option. Would that be that horrible for you?

I die several times and lose 30+mins of gameplay. nbd

I really think you should just play the game and see how it goes before demanding that it is changed. I think you will find that you will be able to carry the schnapps with you and save it whenever you need to.

2 Likes

I can myself can literally save IMMEDIATELY when ever I want because I have schanpps. Time to go to work and no bed nearby and am running late? Drink a schanpps problem solved

2 Likes