PLZ Warhorse...Remove the Herp picking animation!

Seriously…this is SO annoying!

1 ) Its a huge immersion braker - switching between 1st and 3rd person is never a good idea imho
2 ) The repetitive 1st/3rd switch while collection herbs makes me dizzy AF
3 ) Who wants to see the SAME (!) animation over and over and over and…?!
4 ) Most mods won’t work with 1.6 so i got no possibility to get rid of it
5 ) Its annoying
6 ) Seriously, its annoying
7 ) Have I already said its annoying AF???

Please Warhorse, PLEASE remove it!!!
(Or build in the opportunity to deactivate!)

1 Like

I love it. I find it extremely satisfying to see my character for a split second. What’s annoying is occasionally it will stay in first person and doesn’t go into third.

2 Likes

open your inventory and you can see your char for more than a few seconds :wink:

1 Like

I do a lot of alchemy and it annoys me when I collect regular 100+ herbs and have to watch the animation every time.

1 Like

No offense, but this seems a lot like the constant lockpicking threads… youre asking the devs to cater to your whims and not the community as a whole.
Complaints like this are as unecessary as Kirksty

3 Likes

I’m very sure there could be a solution for everyone, either in form of en-/disabling stuff like those animations via menu, or to disable those animations after being played for x amount of times.

I too got annoyed and a bit motion sick after 45-70 min just and only herb picking.

1 Like

No Problem, everybody has his own idea of what to post into this Forum :wink:
I know…saying “Hey WH, please do this” is a bit more offense than “hey community, what do you think about…?”
But sometimes it needs a bit offense :wink: :smiley:

Exactly… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I one animation I hate with a passion is the climbing on a horse. If you run to your horse and get on it then you seem to be risen up with the help of Jesus into the saddle

1 Like

I’ve seen the animation a lot (herbalism 17 in Skalitz), and it is tedious to see every time. But, I don’t believe getting rid of it is the answer.

Having the option of pausing or skipping a filler cutscene/animation might help. Or, have a on/off switch in settings for filler animations such as picking herbs

1 Like

I fought against it since backer alpha and if i’m right, they will not remove it!

1 Like

I think the main problem is the repetition! Maybe a cooldown would make sense…like:
Pick up the first herb - animation plays… after that no animation is played for…idk…5minutes?!

So you get enough time to pick up your herbs without seeing the same animation over and over!

The vanilla function is stupid and a cooldown too.
They have to remove it completely or nothing

…or build in the choice to switch off into settings :wink:

1 Like

Did they want to avoid hover-click vacuuming which seems typical in open world RPGs?

idk, they never said a reason. But it is possible that nobody was interested in a removal because many people was crying about the missing third person view. Problem would be, consoles need a feature like Ansel too

I don’t agree. Herbalism is levelled up so fast and adds bonus to strength, very useful skill for vitality as well. Disabling animation would just make grind so easy. I spent fair two hours picking herbs in Skalitz and animation itself is just one second. It also displays the herbs behind Henry so I do not miss any. I was honestly annoyed when I got killed after half an hour into game and picked many herbs, but that’s why death is punishing. I was also annoyed when I threw away my food and it separated into single items, I picked them up, in half an hour got killed so I had to re-do it again. Another annoyance is when Henry is so over encumbered, he couldn’t walk up the stairs, I dropped stuff above the stairs, it felt down the stairs, I had to re-do dropping and picking. That is more annoying than herb picking.

1 Like

Mate, this is what you’re looking for (both updated for v.1.6):

Enjoy it, cheers!

4 Likes

Wow! +1 rep for links! Thanks a lot.

1 Like

wow thx…i was looking for that a few days ago and finally lost my hope. But hey, here we go now :smiley:

1 Like

I like it (don’t love it).
Use the mod at Nexus, which has been there for a while.
I choose to not use it, because I like it the way it is.
Isn’t freedom a beautiful thing?
Cheers to Ludwig von Mises!