Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

Experience Witcher 3 in first person

Another important thing I see in this video that makes it so awesome and immersive is the lack of HUD. In my opinion, the HUD of KCD is a little immersion breaker. The two big bars on the top and the bottom and the point in the middle of the screen constantly showing up distract my attention and make me feel I am seeing the world from a monitor rather than living in there. Hopefully the HUD can be hidden in the final game.

1 Like

Keep in mind, some of those features are there to compensate for things you can’t tell about your character that you would in real life. The stamina bar, for instance. IRL you’d know if you were exhausted because, well, you’d FEEL it. You can’t exactly feel yourself gasping for breath, or that your limbs are like wet noodles when it’s an avatar in a video game.

1 Like

write “g_showhud 0” into the dev console (~)

2 Likes

Thank you, Blacksmith! :slight_smile:

I understand what you mean. Obviously the HUD is there for a reason, but in my opinion, in the case of KCD, it could be less intrusive and the features displayed could be optional, like other games (in RDR, for example, you can hide the minimap, where health and stamina bars are placed). I like that games offer different possibilities of customization. It’s the same reason why I would like that developers offered 3PV as an optional perspective.

1 Like

Thanks! But I’m talking about the final version of the game, the console versions, etc. IMO It should be a feature available in the settings menu of the game.

1 Like

Personally, I would put those money to optimization. Something like a money to a special crew of developers who try to polish the game as much as possible. They could work parallelly. Better optimization = larger audience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If they don’t add the option of third person then I hope at the least they greatly improve the first person. As of now the fov in
the game isn’t good in my opinion. Especially for a game where you’re not fighting at range. A limited field of view is going to make combat pretty annoying at times.

1 Like

A limited field of view is going to make combat pretty annoying at times.

that’s the point
well, not the annoying part, but it’s not supposed to make you aware of everything.If it did then it wouldn’t be realistic now, would it?

if you want third person, the over the shoulder view would be the worst version to implement. watch this video to understand how to do third person fighting/melee perspectives:

1 Like

What is even more confusing to me is that people who prefer first person are somehow offended at the idea of someone, somewhere else in the world, that they do not even know, will be playing in third person.

How does what someone on another part of the planet in their own living-room does affect what you do in your own living-room?

Oh, that is right, it doesn’t - you’ll still be playing in first person, if you really want to.

That said, I prefer first person except sometimes when not in combat - just so I can admire my armor.

1 Like

Is thread really still open?

Matter has been settled move on, longest circular argument in the making.

You could always choose to not read this thread.

Or we could ALL read it, and see that the same thing is being said over and over again XD

1 Like

To each his own.

You could read it once for the first time and see that this discussion was settled over 2 years ago.

Then repeated endlessly.

1 Like

What I suggested serves your interest, but what you are suggesting also serves your own interest. How about we each do what serves our own interest unless we decide to do otherwise?

Alright, forgot to look at the clock.
It’s time.

2 Likes