Potential bug?!? Terrible screen flickering has started

Hi guys.

Not sure if this is happening to a few people or just me but today is the first time I’ve gone to the monastery and I’m getting horrendous screen flickering in and around the area, including the town just south of it and the woods surrounding.

It’s as if the FPS has dropped massively and can’t keep up with the changing frames. If I stand still it’s fine with npc’s etc moving around me and it’s fine in cut scenes. I’ve not had this in any other area of the game and I even quit and reloaded, nothing changed. I lowered my graphics to low from high just to see if it helped and it didn’t, so I’m at a loss as to what’s causing it.

If anyone else is experiencing it or something similar, then at least I know it’s not at my end and it can be looked into. I’ll struggle to think it’s something my end though as I’ve not had it before and I’ve been playing for almost 40hrs and explored most of the map, town and villages and it only happens in this one place.

Any suggestions on a fix would be greatly appreciated

Yeah same here. Only started since 1.3. Happening constantly for me

Happening all over the game for you or same area?

All over the game. Regardless if I’m in a city or in the forest

That’s really annoying and doesn’t bode well. I’ve not left the monastery area since it started.

Hopefully the next patch will fix it then

1.4 will fix this. next patch is 1.3.4

edit: here a QA member said it on steam. he also said we could send them our saves with the problem, so they can fix it

https://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/2949168687323733028/

Great, thanks for that.

Apparently if you move your saves to a different file on your pc, start a new game then paste the save files back in and load, that also fixes the issue.

Might be worth a try until the patch

Ok so the moving saves didn’t work at all for me, but turning off motion blur has helped with it, it’s not perfect but it’s playable at least

I just had a thought

I’m running the game on an external harddrive and I know in the past with the assassin’s creed games in particular that they wouldn’t run unless they were installed on the main C drive out they would run badly, ubisoft seem to have fixed this but I’m running KCD on my external and I was wondering if everyone else having this problem has it installed on a different drive to the drive you have windows on too?

I’m going to move the game tomorrow and test it but thought I’d make a note on here to see if anyone is running the game in the same way as me and if so, this might be worth a try