Problem Sandbox editor, Setting up Database

Tried, still the same error. He cant contacted the server.
So i guess this is the end and in modding it was the shortest try ever for me! :rofl:

do you have any firewall or security Software active……or is the network-port already in use?

No security software here and idk something about ports. It is possible but my garbage vodafone modem isn’t the best for configurations

no no…the modem is not the issue….perhaps the used (local) port is not free.

yes i know but should i not open a new one on my modem to connect?

kk, i did it and did a step from the linked vid by @SosieX
Now he found my browser and opens the pgAdmin page.
Thank you both! :kissing_heart:

I’ve tried now the command
psql.exe -f “d:\xyz\modding.sql” -u postgres -d ConfigDB -q
and the windows stays on screen. It takes a certain time to create these tables? I mean will the cmd window give me a hint when its done?

EDIT:
Okay he did nothing^^

2 Likes

did you create the DB first?

I dont know how. There is no Databases in which i can create ConfigDB. I can only create Servers or Server Groups
It is not like shown in the picture
Setting_Up_Database_image1

First Login to the server
just create a new one with that Name…

1 Like

EDIT: He started the conversion. But i thought the -q will prevent the process from showing errors?
An example what he gives me in cmd window,
psql:D:/Programme/Valve/Steam/steamapps/common/KingdomComeDeliverance/Data_refer
ence/modding.sql:3208: FEHLER: Relation »dialogue_command_point_at« existiert
bereits

You can write step by step with what you do?
I have a problem here

If @Urquhart has no time to do that, i will do that after i am getting the complete Database ready.
I dont want to say or write something wrong. But here what helped me a few minutes back with your both descr.
After changing the port i’ve disabled the PostgreSQL Service in Windows Services (your posted vid) Then i started pgAdmin4 from install directory, now he found my browser. (dont close it but you can open a new window with trayicon) Start the PostgreSQL entry in the Windows Services Settings again to connect to the Server entry “PostgreSQL 11” . Like shown in Urquhart’s picture. A small but long window will popup, enter your PW there.
After that i open the CMD Shell and copied with my mouse the command into it. The password messages comes and i’ve typed my pw You will not see what you write as pw. So beware of typos! Press Enter and it should be start. Oh and i used the same pw’s for superuser and server

ok.but i have a problem here

After that i open the CMD Shell and copied with my mouse the command into it. The password messages comes and i’ve typed my pw. You will not see what you write as pw. So beware of typos! Press Enter and it should be start. Oh and i used the same pw’s for superuser and server. My copied command for the cmd shell was,

“C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\bin\psql.exe” -f “D:\Programme\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Data_reference\modding.sql” -U postgres -d ConfigDB -q

And beware, if you copy the line, some crypto letters can appear in cmd shell.
So type it one time on one line in a txt file and than copy it and paste it with right mouse button into cmd shell.
Enter, PW question, type ghostly, Enter and done

I got a lot errors of duplicated entries but in the end the editor started (with 5 errors, german language caused the errors)

After i am back tommorow from some authorities i will made a picture tutorial for it.
It is really a garbage documentation and it needs the Windows Services step as a Workaround in a FAQ.
(If it is really a common problem for most users, it needs some reports about system usage, win7, 8 or 10)