[PS4/1.3] Hare Hunt/ Sheep in Wolf’s Clothes - won’t start

I’ve seen variations on this Q in the past but nothing recent. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

First off I have the PS4 game, and first started playing after 1.3 patch. Currently I have a Hunting skill of 13, done side jobs for Andrew (collect boar, etc). My reputation is above 71 in all places (to my recollection). As far as my progress goes I’m just now in Uzhitz (Mysterious Ways) in the main quest and just finished … My friend indeed (Matthew/Fritz).

My issue is no matter who I talk to (Talmberg Innkeeper or Andrew) when I ask for info about either quest I’m given nothing. I also don’t want to continue in the Matthew/Fritz quest until the Hare/Wolf questline is finished.

Thanks for any response!

The quest is broken, I tried it several ways and every time I couldn’t talk to andrew to progress the storyline. There is no fix, sorry.

Try progressing the main story even further. I replayed the entire game with the newest patch and picked up these quests no problem but I’'m pretty sure they only appear after a certain point in the main story… Also I did them after I did the Matthew/Fritz quest quest line.

is this PS4 specific?

Most rpgs today feature simple fetch quests. All you have to do is go from point a to point b and press a button. KCD quests are different in that you have to actually figure things out. I could give you some hints if you want. The quests are very finishable but rather unforgiving. If you skip something or don’t pay attention to the dialog you can easily end up with a quest that cab’t be completed. This game dosen’t hold your hand and lead you along. It’s why I like it so much and I hope they don’t change that to satisfy the vocal minority.

I get that, I am 42 and have literally thousands of hours in Rpg’s under my belt, I dont need hand holding to finish quests. All I am saying is for me the game itself, due to a bug, would not let me talk to the npc’s to progress this specific quest. I said it before and say it again, for some of us the game was impossible to progress.

You need to accept that you failed that quest. I know exactly the problem you are having. It’s not an easy quest to succeed at. Failing at quests is a thing in this game. If you want to complete a majority of them be prepared to reload a lot.

I think there’s a way to do the quest by siding with the huntsman. Try taking to the inn keeper in Talmburg first. Then do the quests for the huntsman and then he will request you for the job of master huntsman.

Fair enough, I failed that quest.

There are many times that the game should give you a failed quest indicator and it dosen’t. These are bugs but minor ones considering the complexity of the interweaving plot lines. They will get it sorted out.

1 Like

I know you have to kill runt before you can start the quest. The bug is because of the huntsman’s wife. She has the tendency of committing suicide when she goes to get water. 1.4.2 patch should fix this.

I did the wolf in sheep’s clothing after 1.42. I also started the huntsman hare quest got half way thru talked around the npc’s. I talked to Alan and saw the poacher recruiter. I did his tests thinking to decide or or infiltrate. Decided on the poachers ( partly for the huntsman post and partly from what I heard from the villagers).
After going all in with Hare the only problems I had was trying to talk the wife into cooperating( couldn’t find a way) and the guard there at night when not and knocking her out and leaving w/ her.
The event is timed I found out. You HAVE to wait for the horn and let hare get back to the mine. I met him one try before the mine in the forest and he tried to kill me. next try, kill the guard, and carried her a more direct route to get close for the horn. the horn blew 2x and I got there and mission proceeded.
I did have a an arrest warrant out but I cheated and consoled it away( couldn’t figger away around to a clean kidnapping.)
The hare hunt mission I guess let fail as it is off my quest list.
down side is one less archery merchant.

I think either way you do it he will be gone if you choose to be Master huntsman.